Thanksgiving: The Unserved Turkeys

"Cross-hair lock you down, death kisses you on the forehead," a song echoing along with the shooting sound of a sniper from the nearby forest.

"She's eventually home," said Mr Vance , the father of Harley and the head of Vance Family.

"My dear, did you mention that his sister is coming home in the letter?" Mrs Vance asked.

"I did."

"Are you excited?"

Lesley turned back while Gusion was embracing her in his arms. Yet, it would be a lie to say Lesley was not blushing getting this close to a grown man who had been following to protect her with his life. They were resting beside a lake after a long journey.

"Feeling exploding now," Gusion replied and Lesley laughed at his joke. She completely understood what he meant. It ain't easy to bring an unserved turkey home for this year's Thanksgiving.

"By the way, my brother will love to see you," Lesley said while referring to her brother Harley.

"You meant Harley? How old is he again?" asked Gusion.

Lesley responded, "Hmmm....12 years old."

"Getting interesting now..." said Gusion.

"What...What's interesting about my brother being 12 years old?" asked Lesley.

"Nothing. How long is gonna take to get to your house?" he asked. Then, he moved to grab the water containers they brought along with journey.

"A couple of walks," she replied, "Let's get going!" She jumped on the back of Gusion and gave him a soft kiss on his cheek. And, the couple continued to walk till they got home in the evening.

"Mr. and Mrs. Vance," Lesley shouted out claiming she's home, and ran to hug Mrs. Vance, who was waiting with her husband at the porch of a grand mansion.

Coming from quite a wealthy and talented family, such prestigious property was not a surprise for Gusion. He was frozen with the feeling of anxiety, excitement and so on because Lesley was his ever first girlfriend and never met any girlfriend's parents as today. But, he could not be happy more than seeing his girlfriend having such a warm family to welcome her back home unlike of being called as a bastard of the family just because of his interest and talent.

"I told you to call us Papa, Mama," said Mrs. Vance.

"Yes, Mama, I miss you guys so much," Lesley replied.

After her words, all the eyes silently shifted to a young man standing a couple steps behind their daughter. Lesley couldn't help but noticed that her adopted parents and the maids standing behind them.

"Oh hmm.... This is my special friend...I mean boyfriend, Gusion Paxley," introduced them while she was blushing and her eyes were moving unsteadily.

Suddenly, everyone turned and looked at each other face with joys.

"Welcome home, Gusion, I bet being with her might be really handful for you," said Mr. Vance and laughed.

"Papa!" Lesley couldn't stop him to tease her.

"Ah...not really Sir, she has been behaving well. Hahaha," Gusion responded.

"Well, anyway, let's go inside," Mrs. Vance said, "it's cold out here. Come on in young man." The maids brought their bags to their room, and they all went in the living room.

"Speaking of which, Mama, when Harley is coming home," Lesley as about her brother and sat down on the sofa beside her mother while she left Gusion to sit on a couch solo and having her father sitting faced to her.