𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 [ alpha. ]

Song Recommendation ["Run This Town/Posthumus Zone" - JAY Z, Rihanna & E.S. Posthumus]

NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

The further you run from your past, the harder it hits when it catches you.

☽ † ☾

Vaguely, Madeline wondered how she got here

Well, not here per se – as in not the hospital they recently arrived at. Chris Argent had driven there with her and three very large, dopey men. Alas, they weren't there for their intellect.

It was more existential. What she was wondering was how exactly she got here, to this moment. She assumed most teenagers had this crisis at some point, but probably not because they're actually super-human-monster-hunters that sometimes align themselves with monsters. That'd be ridiculous.

Either way, it was a passing thought that slipped away from her as they made their way through the ER. Instead, she was plagued with several other thoughts:

1 – Where the hell is Scott?

2 – Where the hell is Stiles?

3 – I should've punched Jackson harder. Much harder.

4 – I should've kept an eye on Lydia to begin with.

5 – I hate this town.

The last thought that perturbed her was her vaguely wondering why the men she'd traveled with were now surrounding her. The only two explanations she could think of were that they were protecting her or keeping her under control – regardless of the reason, she felt like a caged animal. Maybe that's how they felt too. Were they trying to hold her captive? Was that part of the brilliant plan? The tiniest flicker of menace lit in her stare as it focused on the graying man ahead of her.

She knew why they were here though and she wasn't looking forward to it. If anything, she knew what she had to do if she didn't agree with them on the on their means of getting what they needed. Her fingers smoothed over the cool metal of her hand axe idly.

Of course there was also the passing thought of, Four of them and one of me. I can take them.

This line of thought didn't last long though – in fact, it came to a screeching halt at the mere sound of chatter in the distance. Not just any chatter...

"Alright, did you bring the Porsche?"

"Yeah."

"Good. I'll drive."