Chapter 15: Elsewhere

Echo. Echo and shuffling of feet could be heard even from miles away. Deep in the cave, an underground hideout, resides people....If that's what you would call them.

Kabuto stopped running after he reached his master. He blinked his eyes, trying to managed with only a torch as a light "I found her. I found the girl." He breathes.

"What about Sasuke?" The unknown man kept his back facing him.

"He's on his way here." Kabuto answered.

The eerie victorious laugh of the man bounced off the wall. He then halt, almost as if he didn't even laugh sincerely "Bring the girl to me as well."

"May I question why you need her, Lord Orochimaru?" He asked carefully "She's....she's sick. She won't be of any help to us. I don't-"

He was startled when the said man faced him, snake like tongue lingering out like it has a life of its own.

"She's not simply sick. That curse have a blessing in disguise."

Kasuno's P.O.V
I woke up this morning feeling all light headed and dehydrated yet I couldn't bring myself to drink anything. It was like my body refuses to allow anything in...

Now, I walk the hallway of the hokage's building, walking even slower than usual. She was right....my vision is starting to have problems. From time to time, things would just get blurry.

I was glued to the wall as close as possible, hands shaking in fear. Fear of the unknown future ahead of me. Or is it really unknown? These past few days, I knew my health have been declining.

I can't eat properly, my body won't move the way I want it to, my vision gets blurry....sometimes I don't know if it's the disease or simply just my tears.

"Kasuno?"

I lifted my head up at the sudden presence, her voice still ringing in my ears like I'm having a hang over.

"Are you here for Lady Tsunade?" By now, she stood close to me, her pig in her hand "I'm actually on my way to the hospital to meet her. Kakashi just returned with Naruto and we are all busy tending Neji and Choji."

I just nodded, out of myself. I didn't understand anything she says but I heard Kakashi's name....

"They got hurt pretty badly while trying to bring Uchiha Sasuke back."

I wish she'd stop talking...Her voice is echoing in my ears. It feels like a thousand knives stabbing my brain....ugh!

"Are you ok?!" She held my arm as I stumble backwards. With her assistance, I managed to regain my balance, blinking my eyes in hope to make my headache disappear.

But it only worsened.

I remember falling on my knees, crying out loud. Crying from how painful it is; crying for help. Both my hands made its way to my head, almost pulling all my hair out. I winced, kick, struggle, shake and did everything to divert the pain away but it didn't. And the last thing I remembered was Shizune yelling for help, not knowing exactly what to do.

I woke up surrounded by white walls and a dextrose in my left arm. Unlike Konoha's Intelligence Division Unit with dark walls, it felt almost scary to be in this room. I would've mistaken it for heaven. It's completely clean and wiped out of things except for my bed, a small table and a window with closed white curtains.

Is this a hospital room?

For a second, I felt safe knowing that anytime I'd feel the gruesome pain in my head again, there'll be doctors to look after me and maybe take away the pain.