Jae shook her head dissatisfied in my response. "There is not reason to be guilty about overreacting for the sake of your self."

The bell rung as soon as Jae left the room leaving me deserted by myself.

I looked at my finished artwork, acknowledging the thought out into it. My smile came out in response to it's beautiful color schemes.

Mrs. Lee entered the room unaware of me as she sat down at her seat. Then she looked up.

"Jin? You're here early."

I greeted her with a bow, "I came to complete the painting. The lunch period was the perfect amount of time." Mrs. Lee smiled, "I'm glad."

The students began to come in, taking their designated seats. I positioned my painting next to me as a took a seat, making sure it didn't block the aisle as the students came through. The feeling of anxiety filled my mind as I await Sangwoo to arrive. I brushed the feeling away and sat up straight.

"Mrs. Lee, is Jin here yet?" I hear Sangwoo ask as he rushed in.

"Uh, of course. He's right there." She points to my as I pretend to work on the painting. I hear him thank her and head to me.

I took a deep breath prepared to face him.

"You're here."

I didn't respond and instead continued to add final touches to the painting. Sangwoo looked at the painting surprised about the progress I've made.

"You finished it." He sat down and stared at the painting. "It's beautiful."

I blush a bit and stand up to wash the brush. Before I left, Sangwoo grabbed my wrist.

"Can you please talk to me....?"

I blink. 'This is a code red.'

Tug my wrist away from him and continued to rinse the brush. I made my way back to him and took the seat next to him.

"Jin, please answer me.."

I try to resist the urge to.

"Please?"

Then it clicked. I finally let my mind get the best of me. I turned to him, "what i-is it Sangwoo?"

His face brightens from the sad frown and distressed voice. "What's wrong?" I look away, "i-it's nothing really." I tried to keep a smile on my face to cover the pain my heart was feeling.

Sangwoo still didn't look convinced. "You're lying, I can tell." I slouch and pout, "why are you and Jae like the same type of person?"

Sangwoo shrugs and starts to get serious. "Please, tell me what's on your mind. I want to-"

"Class!"

Both me and Sangwoo look at Mrs. Lee who got the attention of everyone. "Today is going to be you last day working on your projects! Be chop chop!"

The class goes into a chatter as Mrs. Lee goes back to her table.

Sangwoo then taps on my shoulder to look at him. "As I was saying, I want to help you."

I shook my head, "I'm f-fine Sangwoo. You don't need to do that." I grabbed a dirty paintbrush and handed it to him. "We need to finish the painting."

"Isn't it already done?" He asks. I shook my head. "We have to let the paint dry then apply a layer of top coat. I-In the mean time, I need you to clean some brushes."

Sangwoo nods and heads towards the sink. I let out a tired sigh, glad to have the situation at hand.

Sangwoo returns with a wet cleaned brush ready to be used again. "What now?" He asks.