The Van Allens vs The Enterprise

Catherine had a wide grin pulling at her lips as she paced back and forth by the cars finally able to get a minute away from that annoying kid. For the most part she was able to get away with it - pawning him off on literally everyone else with an excuse that she was going to go grocery shopping or research. Of course, she still had to play the carrying Mom every once in a while as to not raise any suspicion.

"Hey, Sam. Um, it's me..." she tucked her newly dyed curls behind her ear as she spoke into the phone. "I was just, uh, wondering- I mean, I know things are kind of crazy and you're probably busy, but maybe you might want to go out and get some Coffee, or I don't know... talk."

"So, you're trying to get back with Sam?" Axel's voice crackled through the phone and Catherine roll her eyes.

"I didn't ask you to editorialize," she cocked a hip out. "I asked you if that was something Alayna would say."

"Uh, yeah... I guess."

Before Catherine could comment on how useless he was being, a more familiar voice came through the phone. "Walk away and forget this conversation," her thick accent came distant, like she was talking to someone on the other side of the phone. "Are you happy? Can I leave now?"

"No, stay close," she ordered, grinning to herself. "Axel is my Alayna Van Allen cheat sheet. I didn't go through all the drama of taking over this body so that I could be outed because I didn't know Karoline's middle name, which is Nicole by the way."

"I didn't agree to babysitting for you," her voice came through bitterly. "I only agreed to get rid of Alayna, and now I'm done."

"Oh, please," Catherine rolled her eyes. "Don't pretend that baby-sitting Axel blue-eyes is some sort of hardship."

"I'm hanging up, now." True to her words the line went dead, but Catherine's smirk never faltered. Everything was going perfectly. She had her life back, her looks back, and soon, she'd have Sam back.

"Alayna," she turned to see the red headed Witch on the porch of the dingy cabin. They her squatting there for a couple of days while they worked this case. It was Bobby's idea since the whole Leviathan thing went down and the four of them were on the most wanted list even after their 'death'. "Come on, we got power."

Catherine slipped her phone into her pocket and followed the red head up the stairs and into the cabin. "Weeks, guys. Weeks" Dean was saying when they came back in, his voice laced with frustration. "We've been living with cold showers, cold Hot Pockets, cold freaking everything. I mean, this is the bottom that we're living in. You get that, right?"

Bobby shook his head. "How many big mouths are out there, running card chases like Chet, or hunting us down God knows what ways? No, now's not the time to be laying our bed rolls out on the grid. Not if we can help it."

As if to emphasis how low they had sunken the lights suddenly flickered, and sparks flew, leaving Sam to flinch in surprise. Then the house plummeted into darkness, and Catherine sighed, dropping down onto the large green cooler and flicked her hair out of her face, "this is great." Suddenly, Jackson started crying and Catherine resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Even better," she whispered, grabbing the kid and bringing him over to the couch with a couple of blankets to tuck him in.

"Here," Karoline followed, setting down one of the heat lamps near him before giving the youngest Winchester his favorite sippy cup. Catherine's eyebrows shot up as the kid's crying immediately stopped but she masked her shock well.

Sam flicked on an LED powered lamp, illuminating the table with a harsh bluish light. "This is stupid." Dean continued. "Our quality of life is crap." He grabbed the cooler off of the table and walked past Bobby to drop it beside the old blanket-covered couch that Jackson was sitting on. "We got Purgatory's least wanted everywhere, and we're on our third "The World's Screwed" issue in, what, three years?" He sat down facing the rest of them. "We've steered this bus away from the cliff twice already."