20 - Speak It out Loud

"Let's go on a date," he repeats

I stare at him for a good two minutes, just stare. I genuinely stare at him. He's wearing a half burned out grey tee with rolled up sleeves that make his blue eyes pop, and his hair is tousled around. He's looking very nice, in fact, he does every day. Which leads me to wonder as to why he's asking me the question.

"Why?" I ask with scrunched eyebrows.

He gives a second. "I wanted to go to the amusement park with you."

I then understood, he wants to hang out and have somebody to go with him on rides.

"Okay, let's go then."

I then type in the amusement parks name into my GPS and we're off. We make small talk on the fifteen-minute journey.

"How many couples have you matched?" he asks.

He asks me every week I mean minus our two void weeks; so it may come to a shock to him that I've not done much matchmaking in the time we were on our little break.

"Four," I say quietly.

He hears and then says nothing, he probably would just now realize that his absence caused me a great deal of trouble.

In fact, our conversation dies after my answer and we drive in peace, but the moment we pull up to the park Eros has bolted out of his seat and out the door. I, however, sit for a moment and get my things together. A knock on the door later and it being opened on me, I'm out of my car.

We walk up to the ticket booth and get two day passes, after minutes of me persuading him not to pay for mine.

We then go on the parks most well-known ride, in which after I'm just about to blow chunks but Eros, however, is laughing hysterically. Who knew he liked roller coasters so much.

As we're walking up to a mini-game stand I catch my eyes on the mini-game worker. He's got his eyes on a girl who's sitting on a bench alone. She's awfully pretty, and he's definitely enchanted by her presence.

A certain happy flash flashes in my eyes and I turn around to Eros, my eyes full of the message I'm about to say.

He picks up on it.

"Orion... It's a date, you're not supposed to be on duty," he says, grabbing my arm.

I look back at him to see almost a disappointed/sad look, but I shake it off and give him a soft smile.

"They're entitled to happiness aren't they?" I ask.

He doesn't say anything but nether less nods his head up and down like a bobblehead.

I then find myself running off with a smile and ready to set up my next couple.

* * *

It took me longer than expected to get my two together. In fact, it's six hours later and just now they've exchanged numbers and are finishing up rides together.

I find myself walking back to the place I left Eros, however obviously he isn't standing there and I feel myself frowning. Then I turn my head about ninety degrees and see him sitting at a table next to the most beautiful of flowers.

"You're still here," I whisper as I make myself up to him.

He gives me a smile. "I couldn't leave even if I tried."

I thought that statement would melt me but then again he couldn't actually possibly leave because we came here in my car.

I give a short laugh, and in that time a ladybug manages to find its way on his head. I move closer to him, feeling his eyes on me and blow the bug off his hair. As I back up I feel hands on my back, restricting me from backing up anymore.

"Don't leave me again," he says in a low voice.

And not like a seductive low voice, but as if he's vulnerable to the world.

"I couldn't leave even if I tried," I find myself sayings, cupping his cheek with a small smile playing on my face.

Three seconds later and his hands fall from my waist and I find him pulling me by the hand towards the Ferris wheel.

"Sunsets are apparently even more beautiful from them," he says.

"What next are you going to say that one cheesy saying about sunsets?" I ask playfully.

We got an express pass so we're in a carriage before we know it and going full speed ahead to the top of the Ferris wheel, the sunset is looking beautiful.

"She thought the sunset was pretty, but I thought she was even prettier," he says softly, staring at me.

I stare back and don't muster out a reply. It's such a cheesy and overused line and yet I was blushing a cherry red.