07 - Help Me, Help Me

I walked out the coffee shop door just to be pulled away by a large hand

I walked out the coffee shop door just to be pulled away by a large hand. I looked at the hand and then back up to see Aston.

"What the hell? This is harassment," I yell and he shushes me, then he signals his head to the small park across the street.

I confusedly follow him there and we sit on a bench.

"Now would you care to grace me with an explanation as to why you kidnapped me?" I ask with a sickly sweet smile.

He laughs with a smile, just for the smile to go down in an instance.

"I thought you didn't like Kyle," he says with his best serious face.

"I don't."

Why did he care?

"Then are you just going to play him? Because he surely doesn't need to be used and disposed of," he says in a jumble.

"So you're looking out for him?"

He stares at me with a duh expression.

"He's my mate, one of my first friends when I came over to live in America for college, so of course I'm looking out for him. I mean don't you Americans say the saying 'bros before hoes'?"

I laugh, hysterically.

"Don't ever say that saying again, dear gosh. And by the way I am not a gardening tool," I say with a smirk.

"Then who are you and what are your plans with Kyle?" he asks, turning his face to face me.

I sit for a moment and stare at the fountain in front, was I allowed to tell people of my matchmaking and sudden cupidity for love for others.

Well, I didn't have to tell them the whole story where my heart isn't beating but I could tell him I wanted his friend to be with a certain someone.

"Kyle goes to the same high school as me," I begin and give a glance at Aston to see he is looking at me with his undivided attention, "anyway, so I have chemistry with him and I can't help but think how amazing him and a certain girl would be together."

He gives a second to pass before talking.

"So you're playing Cupid?" he asks.

Spot on, but I'm actually apparently Cupid.

"Something like that..."

He stares again and gives me an expression I didn't expect. He looked calm and composed.

"Okay... So does that mean you and I still have a chance then?" he asks with a flirtatious wink.

"If you help me with something then I'll spare your reproductive part."

* * *

It's been thirty minutes of explaining and convincing Aston.

"Let me get this straight, you want me to ask this girl named Audra Patton out to some fall festival, then ditch her?" he asks bewildered.

"Yes, no harm done. You don't even have to go to the fall festival, just ask then move on with life. I've got it from there on," I say back with a hopeful smile.

He gives me a you're-fucking-crazy look before nodding north to south.

"Yeah fine I'll do it. But, how would I even come across her? If you don't notice but I don't even go to school with you."

"I'll bring her to the coffee shop when Kyle's not working and you can smooth talk her with your accent," I reply back nonchalantly.

He was acting as if he didn't flirt or know the wonders of the world.

"What's in it for me other than a not very happy teenage girl?" he asks.

"Children."