08 - Super Rich Kids

I guess my plan wasn't as easy as I assumed, I realized after talking to Aston that getting Audra to the coffee shop at a time Kyle wasn't there was hard

Talking to her was hard, like what was I supposed to do? I cannot just walk up to her and hope that she'll follow me somewhere after school. That's would be highly unlikely, she's practically queen bee of Northlake High.

And I was in between cliques and social classes; I was best friends with socialite Ellie and then friends with artsy Zara. The next thing about my friends was that they couldn't stand each other and I was the common interest or medium.

My best bet at getting Audra's attention was to go through Ellie; she was friends with Audra or occasional friends.

Between periods one and two I whipped out my phone and dialed Ellie's number.

"Elizabeth Corinne Prescott, how may I help thee?" I heard her fake chirpy voice speak.

The thing about Ellie was that she liked to come off all chirpy sing-songy when in fact she was just mocking people like Audra. She was born to be in their clique, her mom was a best friend to Mrs. Patton and so on.

"We should hang out today after school and you should invite Audra," I said in the same chirpy voice.

I heard her shift her phone and she waited a moment before replying.

"You're up to something, but because I love you I'm going to go with it. But mark my word, in theatre I'll be asking you about it," she says back almost strictly.

"Yes mam, okay bye."

I slammed my locker door to see Kyle on the other side with a coy smile.

"So hanging out with prissy Patton today huh, planning to go to Louis Vuitton and then get mani-pedis and then eat salad..."

I roll my eyes at him and place my hand over his mouth before he can continue.

He had an obvious distaste for Audra like she had for him. Maybe matching the two wasn't as easy as slicing a cake.

"Kyle shut up and walk me to chemistry."

* * *

It was now four in the afternoon and the last bell of the day just rang. I gathered my things and shoved them in my bag before looking up to see a very familiar blonde.

Miss Audra Patton.

"Elizabeth told me I could catch a ride with you. She said she had to drop off Nathaniel," she says in a very poised manner.

Elizabeth? Nathaniel?

She must mean Ellie and her junior brother Nathan.

"Yeah, sure just give me a sec."

We make our way out the building and her eyes bug out when she sights my car.

She just stares and then eventually opens up the passenger side with caution and steps in.