An unexpected reunion

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile, Cathay reached the first floor. She walked hurriedly to the entrance door, only to see Hadeza standing inside by the entrance door. Hadeza approached her and greeted her. She gave her handbag to Hadeza and bent to adjust her heels. "How did you get here so fast?" She stood up and collected her handbag from Hadeza and said. "I don't remember you entering the elevator with me,"

Hadeza looked left and right, wondering what her mother was talking about. "What are you talking about, mom?" She asked with a smile.

Cathay looked at Hadeza with a dead facial expression as she was asked that question. She noticed Hadeza was wearing a different dress from Aisha, whom she had just met upstairs. She also noticed Hadeza's hair was short while Aisha's hair was long, and she wasn't wearing any glasses.

Fatima spotted Hadeza standing with Cathay from the place she sat. She saw how confused Cathay looked. She guessed Aisha must have met her upstairs, and the girl standing with Cathay was Aisha's twin sister. This is going to be an unexpected reunion. She thought.

Cathay stroked her blonde hair and panted. "You're just coming in, right?" She asked.

"Yes," Hadeza answered slowly.

"You didn't meet me upstairs some minutes ago,"

"Yes!" Hadeza looked at her mother."What's going on?" She asked.

"Wow!" Cathay exclaimed unbelievably and pointed upwards. "I just met your doppelganger upstairs, right now."

Hadeza's eyes widened. "My look alike," She said questionably.

"Yes, yes. Just go and meet her. Use the elevator. " Cathay tapped her forehead as she said. "She was trying to talk to me, but I didn't listen," She whined.

Hadeza ran to the elevator.

"Run, before she leaves," Cathay shouted at Hadeza.

Hadeza pondered what her mother revealed to her as she stood alone inside the elevator. What if she had a twin?

Aisha was on the fifth floor, pressing the elevator button on the wall as she waited for it to open. She was annoyed that her real mother couldn't tell her apart from her other daughter. She lowered her head in disdain and entered the elevator as the doors opened. She didn't see Hadeza standing inside staring at her as she was looking at the floor. She leaned her back on the wall inside the elevator and breathed out with her cheeks bloated. She stretched to press the elevator button on the wall for it to take her to the second floor, but Hadeza softly slapped her hand and pressed the button, going to the first. She groaned and raised her head up only to see a replica of herself standing just beside her in the elevator. She raised her brows and gasped.

"Jesus Christ!"

"Hey!" Hadeza said in a friendly tone.

"Hi!" Aisha replied, still looking surprised.

"You're me,"

Aisha corked her left brow. "And I'm-you," She said softly.

"Wow!" The sisters said at the same time.

Hadeza placed her hand on her chest. "I'm just as surprised as you are. Believe me," She said. She had an English accent, but it wasn't as strong as that of her mother's.

The elevator came to a halt, and the music that was playing inside the elevator stopped.

Hadeza and Aisha stared at each other as they both realized they were trapped inside the elevator.

"There's only one explanation to this," Hadeza said like a math professor. "How old are you?" She asked.

"I just turned twenty-three last month," Aisha answered.