Aisha stared at Fatima.

"I'm sorry. It was my fault anyway"

Aisha chuckled and tugged Fatima's cheek playfully and smiled at her. She couldn't understand why Fatima took the fault on herself. She went to her room window and lifted the lid.

Fatima tapped Aisha on her back.

Aisha turned and looked at her.

"Where are you going by this time of the night?" She asked.

"An adventure" Aisha grimaced at Fatima.

"After that I'll get some beans cake from the restaurant" She poked Fatima on her chest then poked herself and said. "For you and me. I'll be back soon"

"Can't you wait till tomorrow morning" Fatima retorted. "The road to the restaurant is filled with kidnappers and smugglers"

"I'll take the road to bar beach if you insist"

"Don't go. It's not safe"

"But I'm hungry and I don't like the food that's at home" Aisha complained slightly raising her voice a little.

"What if- what if you get in trouble?"

"That's the best part of an adventure"

Aisha corked her right brow as she said. Fatima wanted to talk again. She stretched and quickly placed her fingers on Fatima's lips so she wouldn't utter another word. She quietly climbed out of the window. She closed the window and winked at Fatima with a small grin then ran into the dark open street.

Fatima stood at the window and watched as Aisha ran down the street. She imagined Aisha running back home but Aisha was gone.

Aisha arrived at Ma Kesem's restaurant some minutes after sneaking out of the house. The environment was dark and chill because the restaurant was close to the beach. Toads and crickets made creepy sounds around the restaurant, unlike the whistling sounds of the cold breeze that blew around the restaurant. Aisha thought ghosts were laughing at her. Deep down, she didn't believe in ghosts or spirits. She was a Christian and she wasn't supposed to believe in all those type of things.

The lights in the sign board which hung on the arch at the door post of the restaurant flickered on and off as usual.

Aisha searched her bag for her spare key to the restaurant but it was missing. She almost panicked in fear. She scratched her head as she remembered Ma Kesem had seized her spare key because of her bad habit of going to the restaurant during the weekends at night to eat without informing her. She checked the backdoor of the restaurant but it was locked too. She thought of climbing into the restaurant through the window but she doubted she could because she wasn't tall enough to reach any of the window panes. She breathed out the cold air and rubbed her palms together to keep herself warm. The best thing to do now was to go back home.

Aisha took to her heels back home. She never looked back as she ran until she heard a car driving behind her.

The car overtook Aisha and parked a few blocks close to where she was.

Aisha stopped on her feet. Her heart almost jumped out of her chest. Her palms became moist as she saw two male figures come down from the van.

Some of the streetlights by the side of the street became extremely bright then blew off. It frightened Aisha .A spark from the bulbs followed.

Aisha immediately cried for help at the top her lungs and quickly ran away from the men. No one had to tell her the men behind her were kidnappers. "No! No! No!" She cried heavily as she ran. She was in big trouble. She didn't know where she was going. She just wanted to get away from the kidnappers.