Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"Hey." I shouted, grabbing her attention. "Don't let Kody waste your time. He's not worth it."

She laughed like loon.

"You think I'd let that jackass waste my time? Get a grip girl." And with that she spun out of my arms hopping deeper into the dancing crowd.

When I spun around, Sin was staring at me with a smirk. He had been sitting in the same spot against the wall all night. He looked casual with a bottle of beer in his hand. I felt like he was watching me.

He most likely was watching me. Just not in the way I wanted him to be watching me.

I walked up to him pursing my lips as the music changed to Mo bamba. "Most people come to parties to dance."

He cocked his head to the side. "Then why aren't you?"

I smiled, flashing my teeth. "You just gonna stand there all night?"

He gave me a once over. "Cute. I'm not dancing with you Legs."

I nervously ran my hands through my hair. I wasn't asking him to dance. "In your dreams Carson."

He didn't frown when I called him Carson. I guess he was getting used to it.

"Hey, Rory! " I turned to some random guy, taking my eyes off of Sin. "We should get outta here."

I nearly laughed. The guy was drunk off of his ass. I would have laughed, he seemed harmless. But Sin tensed, answering before I could open my mouth.

"She's good, thanks." He said brushing the guy off. The guy simply shrugged walking into the dancing crowd.

"Do you get shit like that often?" He asked, the frown still plastered on his face.

I shrugged. "It's a party full of drunk guys. You gotta expect things like that."

He studied me for a bit before finally replying. "We should get out of here."

*******************

Sin must have put a spell on me because there was no logical reason why I would sneak out of the party my brother was hosting to go and get pancakes with the boy next door. But that was exactly what I did.

Sin had let me wear his jacket.

I sat across from him with a full stack of blue berry pancakes and studied him as he told me about his college plans.

"I'm most likely gonna go to the academy." He said taking a large bite out of his stack of pancakes.

This is how I knew Sin Westbrook was not my soulmate:

He liked wheat and almond pancakes. No butter.

I frowned. "Your gonna stay in town?" I didn't mention the obvious irony of a gang member wanting to be a cop. I could tell he was expecting me to.

"Yeah. I got ties here. Plus, this town has three cops. They need as much help as they can get."

I smiled. It was cute that he wanted to protect and serve. I'd be lying if I said he wasn't the perfect man for the job. "I'm getting out of here the first chance I get." I said going back to my food.

"I figured as much. It's because you feel smothered . I get it. Where will you go?"

"Most likely Houston. There's a lot of culture there. Not too many cliches."

He smiled. "And what will you do in Houston, Legs?"

I shrugged. I knew the answer but I didn't want to say it. When I told people what I wanted to do, they never really understood.