Chapter Thirty

"You know my brother?"

Sin stared at me using silence as an answer.

"Kody..." I trailed off thinking of our early encounters. How Sin looked out for me. How he was weirdly obsessed with me when he barely knew me. And somehow I didn't think to put two and two together. "I'm gonna go." I said attempting to clear all emotion from my voice.

And there was a whirlwind of emotions going through me.

"Legs, wait." I glared at him as he neatly stepped in front of me, stopping me from exiting his suddenly crowded room. "Rory, please. Let me explain."

"Don't touch me Sin. God, I practically threw myself at you, and you didn't have the decency to tell me you were on the job?!"

He released me, holding his hands up in surrender. "Rory, you know that this was more than that. You know that my feelings-"

"What feelings?" I was looking at a stranger. Images of all the time we spent together flashed through my mind. "Sin go to hell. You knew that things were changing. You could have told me about this dumb ass deal way before things got sticky. Instead you played with my emotions so that you could be some type of fucking double agent. So, I don't want to hear anything you have to say."

"Because I knew how you'd react." He hissed. "I knew where your mind would go. So, yeah. Maybe I was selfish for letting you catch feelings Rory, but I didn't want you to be able to just through our entire relationship away."

I laughed humorlessly. "Well, that's exactly what I'm doing." I said calmly. "I'm walking away Sin. Sorry your little plan didn't work exactly like it was supposed to. But hey, we'll always have Clooney's."

His eyes darkened. "Rory, we both know that I'm not going to let you just walk away."

He looked angry now. His tone was too calm and his posture was too relaxed. "You will SIn, unless you want me to file a restraining order on you. And believe me, I'm petty enough to do it."

He bit his bottom lip, stepping away from the door and allowing me to pull it open. "This isn't over." He mumbled.

I chuckled. "Oh, it is so over."

**************************************

"Don't cry over this asshole." Hayden said as she scrolled through her TV guide. "He definitely isn't worth it."

After waking her up after midnight, I had decided to tell her everything. She sat and listened as I told her about all of the things Sin and I had been through for the past month or so. And when I told her about my brothers involvement, she said some choice words about him, which I really appreciated considering she was in love with him.

"I'm not crying over him." I said, even as I felt tears slipping down my face. "I just feel so stupid. And I'm so mad and there's nothing I can do about it."

She nodded her head. "We could egg his house."

I shook my head remembering how sweet his mother had been the one time I had met her. "His mom would just have to clean it. It's not her fault she gave birth to the devil."

Hayden laughed. "It's kind of her fault. She did name the kid Sin."

For some reason, I didn't want to tell Hayden about Sin's real name. "I just want to forget all about him. God I feel so stupid. I was actually gonna have sex with him."

"At least he didn't let you." Hayden chimed in.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Hayden, I need you to be on my side here. Of course he didn't have sex with me. Because then he would have had to report it in his weekly notes to Kody. It wouldn't have been a good look."