Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Brooke’s P.O.V

 When I get up the next day I quickly jump into the shower and put on some clothes and run down the stairs. Once I get into the kitchen my mother says. “Well, someone’s excited.”

 “What?” I ask.

 “Well, you look really excited.”

 “That’s ‘cause she get to see Brandon again,” Paige says walking into the kitchen.

 “Why, would I be excited to see Brandon?” I ask her.

 “Because, you still have a crush on him,”

 “No I don’t!” I yell at her.

 “Whatever you say,” She says in a mocking tone. I walk past her and into the living room. I open my phone and see I have a text from Nick.

 Hey, Brookie. Whatcha do’in?

 Nothin you?

 Oh I’m just texting an idiot,

 Who?

 You.

 Screw off. I text back and put my phone away and ignore the rest of his messages. My mom calls me to go get everything I need and go wait in the car. Soon after, Paige and my mother come in and we head to the studio. I run in and put on my dance clothes and Abby tells me and Brandon to go to studio C to practice our duet.

 After two and a half hours, Brandon and I can take a break until all of us will start on the group dance.

 When I get out of studio C, I go upstairs, to see what’s up with my mother. Once I get up the stairs my mother says. “Hey, Brooke,”

 “Hi, mom,”

 “So, Brooke, what do you think of you duet, with Brandon?” Christi asks, with a smug smile on her face. I shrug and sit down beside my mother. I watch as Mackenzie practice her solo. After, about a minute, Brandon comes in and sits beside me. “Hi,” He says.

 “Hi,” I say back without looking up at him, and continuing to watch Mackenzie practice.

 After a few minutes, Brandon gets up and walks out.

 “Well, Brooke, you’re good talking to boys,” Christi says sarcastically.

 “What?” I ask her in disbelief.

 “Well, you don’t even look at him when you say hi!” Christi replies.

 “So, I don’t even like him, so why would it matter if he likes me?”

 “Because, you do like him!” Christi shouts.

 “No, I don’t!” I scream at her and walk out of the room, down the hall to grab my dance bag and I walk out of the studio. I walk a few blocks before I sit down on a crib and pull out my phone and wallet. I don’t have enough money for a bus ticket, so I just start playing games on my phone. After five minutes of playing ‘Cut The Rope’, I see someone come and sit down beside me. I look up and see Brandon. “Are you okay,”

 “Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?” I ask him.

 “Well, it was quit an exit you made in there.”

 “Oh, god… Did everyone in the studio hear that?”

 “Maybe, I don’t know, after you left I came to try and find you.”

 “Oh,”

 “Yeah, your mother was trying to call and text you.”