Act 9. Sakura - Princess Serenity

There sat before the Sailor Guardians was the girl they once knew as Sakura and now know as Princess Serenity. Her once pink odango hair changed black. Her once ruby red eyes changed to aquamarine blue eyes. Her old clothes changed into a two layered ruffled white dress with a bow in the back, golden accessories around the chest, and white, ball shoulder cuffed sleeves. The Sailor Guardians stared at the girl in shock, mainly at the mark on her forehead. Soon they covered their eyes once more as a bright light came from both Princess Serenity and Tuxedo Mask, which erupted and shined all throughout Tokyo. Once it died down into a small ball of light in Princess Serenity’s hands, everyone’s eyes widened even more in shock.

“The Legendary Silver Crystal!”

Kunzite then attacked Princess Serenity to weaken her and abduct her along with the Silver Crystal. The Sailor Guardians quickly rushed in and shield the princess from Kunzite’s attack, only to shock her and lose her grip on Tuxedo Mask. She watched as he fell, only for Kunzite to catch him causing her to struggle and squirm out the Sailor Guardians’ grip. “Let me go! He’s taking Tuxedo Mask away!”

“We’re sorry, Princess, but we can’t!” Mars stated. “We can’t in this state.”

“Our duty is to protect you and the Silver Crystal!” Venus added.

“Luna! Artemis! Can you hear me?!” Sailor Moon called into her communicator over Serenity’s cried. “We have the princess and the Silver Crystal! We need to teleport now!”

Serenity kept crying and struggling as she watched Kunzite disappear with Tuxedo Mask! “No! No! NOOOOOOOO! TUXEDO MASK! MAMORU! ENDYMION!” She cried as more tears ran down her face as she clutched the Silver Crystal to her chest.

In the Sailor Guardians base under the game arcade, the Sailor Guardians including Luna and Artemis watched Princess Serenity cry non-stop, her cries causing their hearts to break. Venus gulped and walked up to the crying princess. “Princess.” She called softly, causing the older girl to look up at her. “You remember me too, don’t you?”

Serenity nodded her head. “Of course I do. I remember all of you and everything that happened in the Silver Millennium…”She trailed off before crying again.

As the Sailor Guardians discussed the next course of action, Sailor Moon looked over at the crying princess that she once knew as her older sister. She placed her hand on her chest, feeling her heart break once more seeing how broken her sister was. As she watched her, she saw her go limp and quickly got up to catch her. As Sailor Moon held the princess in her arm, she blocked out the voices of everyone in the room as she was deep in though. ‘I thought things would be better and different in this next life. We just wanted to be happy again…just like back during the Silver Millennium. I never though love would cause this much trouble and pain and suffering…’

“The Silver Millennium. The time before our rebirth. A time when we were so happy. Back then, the Earth and the Moon were separate kingdoms, which eventually ended up going to war and ending our happiness. The cause of the war was Endymion and I’s sin of breaking God’s Law: Denizens of Earth and the Moon are forbidden to fraternize. That’s what we did. We fell in love and from that love we conceived a child that never came to be. I remember how our tragic love affair started…
It started with me looking at the blue planet from the moon and I loved it. And with that love, I not only loved the moon, but it’s heir…Prince Endymion. Fueled by love, I descended to Earth time and time again in hopes to catch a glimpse of him. And I did…and he caught a glimpse of me. From that glimpse, we would arrange to secretly meet up and at those meet ups, we would teach each other about our kingdoms. From the meetings and trading of knowledge, we would start to sneak kisses, leading to the actions of the conception of our child. When the war broke out, Endymion tried to talk his people down from the violence only to be killed by Queen Beryl. Out of grief of seeing the love of my life and the father of my child die infront of me, I stabbed myself in the heart so I would not have to bear the pain of heartbreak and guilt for another second.”

A knock at her bedroom door woke Sakura from her sleep. She sat up and sighed as she wiped her tears away before looking at the mirror. Her normal pink hair was still black and her ruby red eyes were still blue. Sakura sighed and rubbed her head from hearing the constant knocking on her door. “Come in. It’s unlocked.”

The door opened and Usagi dropped the stack of her older sister’s homework as her and the other girls stared at her in shock. “Your hair! It’s still black. And even longer!” Usagi cried. “And your eyes! They are still blue like mine!” She gasped before rolling up her sleeves. “That’s it! We’re going to get you out of the dumps with a makeover!” Usagi cheered before turning to the other girls. “Minako! Go to the bathroom and grabbed the hair-cutting scissors! Rei! Go over to Sakura’s vanity and grab her hairbrush in the second drawer on the right side! Makoto! Grab Sakura’s handheld mirror in the vanity in the first drawer on the left! And Ami! Go and open them blinds!” Usagi ordered and the other girls nodded, getting to work, surprising both Sakura and Luna.

As Ami opened the blinds, the sunlight hit Sakura and changed her hair and eyes back to its normal colors. The girls all stared at Sakura in shock. “Oh!” Ami cried, shocked and surprised as the others. “I guess since you have awakened as Princess Serenity, your body changes based on the light in the sky. Since Serenity was born on the Moon and in its moonlight, her appearance is black hair with blue eyes meanwhile you were born on Earth and in its sunlight, so your appearance is pink hair and red eyes.” Ami explained, causing the girls to stared at her with confusion.

Sakura sighed and rubbed her head. “Basically myself and Serenity have merged into one with normal appearance appearing in the day/sunlight and Serenity’s appearance appearing at night/ in the moonlight.” Sakura dumbed it down.

“Ooooooh!” The other girls exclaimed, causing Sakura, Luna, and Ami to sigh.

As Rei and Minako worked on Sakura’s hair with Makoto holding the mirror up to her, letting her see them work, Luna sat on her vanity and looked at her. “Sakura. Do you still have the Silver Crystal?”

Sakura nodded and pulled it out of her short pocket. “Yes, but…it seems different from during the Silver Millennium.” She stated as she looked at it. “It used to shine like the sun.” She added before going into a deep though. She gasped and looked at the others. “Where is he? Where is Mamoru? Where is Endymion?”

“Why?” Ami asked. “We don’t know where the Dark Kingdom is either.”

“Because! This is only half of the Silver Crystal!” Sakura exclaimed. “The other half is in Endymion!”

"That’s right!” Usagi stated. “The Silver Crystal is your teardrop! Your tear drop must have either broken in half or the Silver Crystal was two of your tear drops! One landed on Endymion’s chest and the other was falling perfectly in between you!”

“That was the smartest thing you ever said, Usagi.” Rei stated, causing Usagi to cry.

“Let’s go back to our kingdom.” Luna stated, causing the girls to look at her. “Let’s go back to the moon.”