Act 3. Rei - Sailor Mars

"I've been here almost two months and now someone decides to tell me there's a shrine here?!" Sakura cried, causing Mamoru to chuckle as he walked her home.

"Not my fault. I've known you almost a month so don't try to blame me." He stated, holding his hands up in surrender.

Sakura giggled. "Alright, alright. You're off the hook...this time."

"WHAT?!"

Sakura giggle more evolving into a laugh, making hi smile. "Where is this shrine?"

"It's in Sendaizakaue. To get there you would have to get on the M666/Red 66 bus and get off at the Via Senda-Zaka spot." He explained, watching his female companion writing it down. "Do you want to swing by there really quick?"

Sakura looked out into deep thought then looked up at Mamrou, smiling. "Sure!"

"Hikawa Shrine, huh." Sakura stated, reading the sign. "Bet grandmother would have loved to see this shrine." Her voice broke. She felt a shock go through her body and make her heart stop, then beat rapidly.

"She would have." Mamoru confirmed. "And she is, because she's always with you...in your heart."

Sakura looked up at him, a tear rolling down her cheek. "Mamo..."

"YOU GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY SISTER YOU PRETENTIOUS JERK!"

Both teens looked around and towards the source, seeing the familiar blonde odango girl. Mamoru looked back and forth between the two odango girls. "Bun-head is your sister?"

Sakura nodded her head before walking up to her younger sister, ripping the seal clean off Usagi's face. Usagi stared at her blankly before falling to the ground, crying in pain. Sakura sighed and looked at the girl next to Usagi.

Her hair was a dark purple, making it look black and reached the heels of her feet. Her face and posture screaming out elegance and grace. Her eyes were purple as well. Her skin was warmer than Ami's and the Tsukino sister's.

"Rei? Rei Hino?"

The girl, Rei, turned and looked at Sakura upon hearing her name. "Yes?"

"It's nice to meet you, Rei. I'm Sakura Tsukino from the Matsunoo-taisha Shrine."

Rei looked at her and grabbed Sakura's hands, holding them. "I'm so sorry to hear about Grandmother Tsukino's passing."

"It's quite alright."

"I know grandfather would be happy to hire you as a miko, but I'm not sure it's the best decision right now..."

"Why?"

Rei sighed and explained the situation.

The next day as the bus is transported to a different plane, Sailor S hid behind one of the stone columns, waiting for the perfect chance to attack. She watched as Sailor Moon transform and Sailor Mercury teleport to Sailor Moon. Sailor S' blood boiled as she watched the enemy, Jadeite, use Rei as a human shield. She watched as Sailor Mercury created a fog, only to be lifted. She sighed and readied her bow, firing a golden arrow, hitting Jadeite's arm, freeing Rei.

"Now, Sailor Moon! Use your tiara boomerang!" Sailor S ordered as the others stared at her in shock.

Sailor Moon nodded. "Moon Tiara Boomerang!" She threw it and it enclosed around Jadeite, trapping him, giving Rei time to awaken as a sailor scout and transform.

Sailor S smiled and left to go find the bus. After she found it and its previously missing passengers, she teleported them back to Sendaizakaue. She sighed, feeling weak and headed towards an alley, only to be blocked by Luna.

"Who are you, Sailor S? Are you friend or foe?" Luna hissed.

Sailor S kneeled, panting and sweating as she stroked Luna's fur. "Don't worry, Luna. I'm very much friend." With that, Sailor S teleported away before Luna's very eyes.