Chapter 6

Bells and Ang were putting the finishing touches on their apartment when Embry burst in.

"You need to get to Sam's right now." he said grabbing both of them.

"Em, what is going on?" she asked trying to run after him and Ang.

"One of the newborns got past the twins and is on the rez. Seth allowed Jasper on the rez to help catch the bastard. Sam wants all imprints on the rez at his house. Emily is already at the house and Quil is getting Claire and her parents from Sue's house. Jared is getting Kim and luckily Rachel left last night so you and Ang are all that is left. Leah is with Alice watching over your dad." Em told her.

They rushed to her truck and Em got behind the wheel to drive. The made it to the house in record time.

We rushed in and all the imprints and the Elders were there. Billy and Old Quil were sitting with Sue at the dining room table. Kim was clinging to Jared, trying to make him stay with her. Emily was cooking in the kitchen and Quil was trying to calm Heather and Wren down while she held Claire tightly. When Claire noticed the three of them enter the room, she tried to get out of her mother's embrace.

"Bells, want Bells!" she cried.

"Claire, you need to calm down and stay with me and daddy." Heather scolded her and tightened her grip on her.

"No! I want Bells!"she screamed with tears running down her face. She quickly went over to them and held her arms out to Claire and she all but jumped into her arms and buried her head into her chest, crying loudly.

"Claire-bear, what's wrong sweetie?" she said rubbing her back to try to calm her down. Quil quickly moved to her side and placed a hand on her back and Claire's head.

"She had been like this since I picked them up from Sue's house. She has been crying for you. I couldn't even get her to calm down." he whispered in her ear as Claire's crying started to turn into small whimpers.

"Mommy and auntie said that a bad lady or one of her helpers is going to kill you and then everything will go back to normal. I don't want the bad lady to kill you." Claire whispered. Bells just barely heard her, she looked up and could tell that Jared, Embry and Quil had heard her but no one else. Bloody wolf hearing.

"No one is going to kill me, Claire-bear. We have the best protection in the world, you know that. Quil, Jared, Embry, Sam, Paul and all the others will never let anything get close to me or you." she whispered to her knowing that the boys would hear her.

"She's right, Claire-bear. I will not let the bad lady or any of her helpers get near you or Bells. None of them will get past me." Quil said moving his hand off her head to cover Bells hand to also rub her back.

"Promise?" she whimpered, tears still running down her face.

"I swear that nothing will get past me." Quil said kissing the top of her head as he pulled the two of them tighter into his arms. He nuzzled Bells neck and nipped at her before he followed Jared out the door.

Bells sat down between Kim and Ang, she had barely sat down when Kim burst into tears. Keeping an arm around Claire, she pulled Kim closer and tried to comfort her as well. She glared at Heather when she looked like she was going to say something. Wren and Embry were sitting outside so it was just the girls and the Elders in the house. Claire slowly cried herself to sleep. Ang took her out of Bells arm and laid her down on a blanket on the floor. Bells motioned for Kim to put her head in her lap and she did so calming down as Bells ran her fingers through her hair. Ang sat down at the table with the Elders as Heather and Emily slowly put food on the table.

"I get that you have a problem with the pack helping me, Emily but if you ever let Claire overhear you and your sister saying that things will be normal once I am dead again, not even Sam will be able to protect you." she growled.