The Stars

Previously on "The Soldier and the Consulting Detective "

"You have John's handgun in your right leg holster."

Shit.

Hazel's POV

Several things were going through my mind in a span of three seconds.

Shit.

Who's John?

Is Sherlock going to rat me out?

Shit.

I'm going to get fired.

SHIT!

"Again, what makes you think that I am the other shooter?" I cross my arms and shift my weight onto my right.

Sherlock took a small step closer, trying to size me up. "On the way back, I noticed a black motorcycle driving next to our taxi. The same bike that was parked outside on the curb that was there several hours after you moved in. But, where is said bike, I wonder. Assuming that you own the bike, which you do since neither John, Mrs. Hudson, nor I own a bike, it must belong to you. You hid your bike thinking we didn't notice it before, the same bike with small dents on the right side, with a golf ball sized dent near the tire." With each word, he stalked toward me, forcing further into my flat. By the time he finished, we were halfway across the living room.

Staring into his periwinkle eyes, I uncrossed my arms and placed them on my hips.

"One, my bike is in the alleyway where the rubbish is so that it doesn't get stolen. Two, just because you memorized what my bike looks like, and the fact that the bike coincidentally came from the direction of the college, does not necessarily mean that it was me. Yes, I did leave my flat, but I went to go and eat. I even informed Mrs. Hudson that I would be out."

Sherlock started to lean in close to my face, causing a slight flutter in my stomach.

What the hell, Hazel? You couldn't have already developed feelings for him!

"Then where did you get the gun?" I could feel his breath on my face.

Panic started to fill my mind, and the familiar compression feeling on my chest started to restrict my breathing. My heart started to race as the demons tried to break through their cage.

It's not the flutter of love or even a small crush.

It was an anxiety attack.

My eyes widened as I came to my conclusion, and I started to back up.

A smirk graced Sherlock's face, thinking he had won.

"You need to back away from me right now, Holmes." It was as if the walls were closing in on me, limiting my mobility. I pressed my back against the back wall, feeling light-headed.

No, no, no! Not now! You were doing so good! Why now?!

Relax.

Aries, April 1, 1951

Virgo, September 8, 1976

Aquarius, January 22, 1953

Where was John when I truly needed him?

With each date that crossed my mind, their faces would appear, but only to be shown with him standing next to them, beating them to a bloody pulp.

"I am serious, Holmes! Get back!" i struggled to get out.

But he didn't listen. Instead, he took a careful step closer.