Chapter 29

Pain ebbed through her body. Her head ached. Her body screamed with pain. She wanted to scream out, but her voice didn't seem to work. Suddenly, a crowbar hit her ribs and she heard a sickening crack. Finally, she let out an ear-piercing scream . Her captor let out a erie laugh, almost like he thought her pain was a joke. "Batsy will be so disappointed in you. You failed to protect one of his birds. A member of his flock. Now I will spoil all of your fun, Spoiler," The Joker laughed at his own joke before bringing down his crowbar again, colliding with Stephanie's ribs again. Another crack. He hit her again. Crack.

"Joker! That's enough! We want her alive for now," Ra's al Ghul ordered. He had entered the room so silently that the Joker hadn't even noticed he was there. The Joker let out a sigh and backed off. Stephanie coughed up blood onto the cold stone floor, she knew her ribs were broken. She could feel it, it made her want to vomit. Is this what Tim felt? The unbearable pain? "Tie her back up, Joker. We can't have her escaping like the last one," Ra's al Ghul handed the Joker some rope and left the room.

"Come here girl!" The Joker grinned evilly, pulling the rope tight. Stephanie tried to crawl away, but the pain was too great. She winced as the Joker grabbed her wrist so tightly it stung. He quickly tied her to a metal chair and left the room. He had left bruises on her wrist. Stephanie stared at the door, hoping someone would come to save her. Anyone. Her eyelids were getting heavy as her exhaustion won over her. Finally, she fell into a deep sleep.