Chapter 12

Stephanie Brown, aka The Spoiler, dismounted her bike as she arrived at Wayne Manor. She hadn't heard from Tim in four days and she was starting to get concerned. She knocked on the front door and Alfred answered it but, as she looked at him she could tell he had been crying.

"What's wrong?" she asked, panicking.

Alfred frowned and asked, frustrated, "Has no one told you?" Stephanie shook her head. Alfred sighed, "Come in. We'll catch you up," Alfred let Stephanie inside and led her to the living room. The Bat-family was sitting on the couches and chairs, fresh tears covering their faces. Stephanie stopped in her tracks, anger boiling inside her.

"Why are you all just sitting here!" She yelled, " We should be looking for Tim! He's still out there you know!"

Bruce glared at her and stood up, "We tried! It's almost impossible for us to track him. Ra's al Ghul and the Joker covered their tracks," His eyes started to get watery again and he sat down, holding his head in his hands.

"I might be able to," Damian spoke up. Everyone in the room looked at him.

"What do you mean?" Bruce asked. Damian stared at the ground.

"I- I might be able to set up a meeting with my grandfather. I can tell him I have reconsidered his offer about joining the League of Shadows," Damian explained.

"How would that help us find Tim?" Stephanie asked, her hands on her hips. She stared at Damian, waiting for him to answer, but it took him a while.

"I tell him that I'll join the League of Shadows... In return... He releases Tim," Damian held back tears, still looking at his feet. He couldn't bare to look at his family.

"No! Absolutely not!" Bruce exclaimed. He then softened his voice, "I- I can't lose another son. I've lost too many," He glanced at Jason, who had taken off his mask.

"Bruce, this may be the only way. If Damian's willing to..." Jason started.

"I've already said no Jason. I will not put Damian danger," Bruce interrupted him.

"What about me, huh? You didn't seem to care as much when I was in danger!" Jason raised his voice.

"That was different!" Bruce said.

"Hey, hey. Calm down," Dick said. Bruce and Jason stared at him, "We can send Damian to meet with Ra's al Ghul, but we only make him believe that Damian's joining him. Damian will make the deal for Tim and once Ra's al Ghul brings him out, and only if he does. We can attack him and get both Damian and Tim out of there," Dick explained. The whole room was silent, thinking about his words.

"Okay, we'll do it, but only if Damian agrees," Bruce said, looking at Damian. Damian said nothing, only nodding his head in agreement.

"It's agreed then," Dick said, "Damian, find a way to contact Ra's al Ghul, and fast. We're doing this tonight."