Chapter 9

The Joker and Ra's al Ghul had brought Tim to new location. Tim didn't know why. They were now in a cave. There was a waterfall and small stream near the back of the cave and platforms all around. It reminded Tim of the Batcave, but darker, eviler. Something he never thought was possible. The Joker and Ra's al Ghul were talking with each other, to far away for Tim to hear. Tim saw this as a chance to escape.

Though the Joker had stripped him of his tool belt, he had forgotten the small pocket knife that Tim always hides in a secret pocket of his costume. Tim reached through the spaces of the back of chair until he reached the pocket. He winced as the rope dug into his wrists. Somehow he managed to pull the knife out of the pocket without dropping it. Tim, struggling, but still managing to cut the rope, looked back towards the two villains. They were still talking, not paying him any attention, a big mistake on their part. Tim felt the rope fall away from his hands and he leaned forward to cut his ankles free.

Shortly after, he had cut the rope and stood up as quietly as he could. He looked around for an exit. He quickly found one, but the problem was, he had to run across the cave. He had to run by the Joke and Ra's al Ghul without getting caught. He looked for any other possible exits, but failed to find one, this was his only option. His only chance. He bolted. He ran as fast as his legs would let him. He heard Ra's al Ghul and the Joker shout behind him and heard their footsteps. A little more, he told himself, just a little further. Suddenly, something hit him from behind. He fell to the ground, smacking his head against the hard rock. Ra's al Ghul was standing over him, so was the Joker. The blood drained from Tim's face. The Joker was holding his crowbar, smacking it against his palm. "Joker," Ra's al Ghul grinned, "I think we better teach this bird a lesson. Show him what happens when disobedient captives try to escape..."