Chapter 21

The family sat in silence. Tim. One of them. A part of their family. He was gone. Dead. They would never see him again. Then, the Joker opened the door and marched through. He stomped towards Bruce, fury in his eyes. He grabbed Bruce's costume and pulled him closer to his face. "Where is he Bat! Where is your little Bird!" The Joker yelled.

"What do you mean?" Bruce responded. The Joker's eyes opened wide.

"You- You really don't know Batsy?" He asked.

"No. All I know is that you killed one of my son's in cold blood," Bruce said through gritted teeth. The Joker stared at him for a moment.

"Then how do you explain his so-called 'dead body' just getting up and leaving!" The Joker exclaimed.

"He- He must be alive! He must have escaped!" Bruce said cheerfully. The Joker was fuming. He slapped Bruce, leaving a large red handprint on his cheek.

"You'll pay for this!" The Joker yelled. He left the room once again, leaving the heroes alone. Bruce lowered his head, his cheek stung from where the Joker's hand connected with his face.

"Bruce, are you okay?" Dick asked gently. Bruce looked at him, smiling.

"Tim! Tim is alive!" He laughed. Dick had never really seen Bruce laugh, even after all the years that he knew him.