Chapter Fifty Five: Danny

Anger had ripped through me like a storm. It passed through my mind and burned the flesh of my body. All I want to do is love the girl I've worked so hard for. All I want is for her to love me back. To do things right, this time. I had to. But I'm lying to myself when I say that's all I want. That she's all I dream about. I love Meme but I lust over Serena. I hate her because of my feelings. She disgusts me because she ruins my dream. My only happiness is the idea of Meme and I together, she ruins that happiness.

So after the anger drained from my system I was left with the one thing I truly despise; fear. I have too much power to feel fear. After I had beaten Serena the realization of losing her forever hit me. I'm supposed to love and mend my perfect, broken girl and instead my mind was on another. My mind wanted Meme. I wanted a family with her, a life with her. I wanted Serena's body. I wanted her to want me. I didn't realize how strong this feeling was until now. My heart raced along with my mind. I couldn't kill her now. I could kill anyone but the two of them. I don't want to lose the people I care about.

I did on the the other hand face a serious problem. Serena was a dead end. I lusted over an intimate fantasy between us. How my hand would trail her hip and her lips would meet mine. The blush of her cheeks, the warmth of our bodies. But it was just that, a fantasy. I could never betray my love for Meme. My intimate thoughts should be reserved for when she's ready to accept me into her heart. She will love me, I know she will. It's selfish to want something physical from one girl and emotional attachment to another.

I made it clear with Serena that my presence means fear, it can't be like that with Meme. It hurts me knowing there's fear in her body, regarding this circumstance. It would be a lot easier if Serena was in a grave. In one swift moment my fantasies could just be lost dreams and I would be forced to focus all of my energy on my love. I didn't know what to do. I'm torn. I could lose the fantasy and swallow the reality my heart and mind was set on. I could feel the high as Serena begged me for her life. It wouldn't take that long for it to be over. I wouldn't have to run a blade through her flesh or leave even that much of mark. I could just wrap my hands around her neck and destroy my fantasy with my bare hands. Her natural flush would drain from her face and she would be nothing but a body. It wasn't the same then. I didn't like them cold. I learned that first time too.

However killing her was just taking something I want away from myself. Why shouldn't I have all the options? All that Serena was good for was pissing me off. Any chance she got she would get in between Meme and I. I didn't know what to do. All I ever felt was anger towards her. I wanted control over myself again. I tapped my foot on the floor. James had no right to try and stop me, even if I was having doubts afterward. My anger over their escape then traveled to him. All of this was his fault. If he didn't leave his keys around they would of never escaped and I would of never snapped on Serena. I left the room ready to unleash my anger in him. He was worthless to me now, he stood in the way of what mattered. I knocked on his door and he answered it quickly. He just stuck his head out and held onto the door so I wouldn't enter the room.

"I want to talk" I said through my teeth.
"Danny please just calm down" he said.

I grabbed him roughly by the shirt. My hand was so fast and unexpected that he fell out of the doorway and his shirt ripped under my grip. I saw Serena behind him in his bed and fear struck her instantly. I was done with her at the moment so I just slammed the door and paid attention to James. In another swift moment I slammed him against the wall but he knew me too well. His fist collided with my face and I staggered back, he punched me again and again. Before he could get another blow in I grabbed his wrist and pulled him forward placing him into a choke hold. He rammed the both of us into wall behind me and punched me in the ribs over and over. I tried to tighten my grip hoping his neck would snap and I would be done. He just kept squirming and throwing hits wildly until he had enough force to pry himself from my grip. Blood dripped from my face and he was trying to catch his breath. He didn't back down. He got ready to attack me again when I had enough.

"Forget it" I said catching the blood from my nose with my palm.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? We are friends you asshole" he barked.

Friends? Like he had treated me like a friend recently.

"You almost ruined everything. They could of gotten away. Kidnapping is a felony. It won't just be me going to jail. Don't you ever think? And more importantly I could of lost Meme! Does this mean anything to you?" I demanded, recovering from my injuries.

"Well murder charges are a hell of a lot worse. You could of killed Serena and then you come over here trying to fight me. I didn't let them out on purpose, I don't know how they got my keys but I wouldn't jeopardize this" his words at first boomed and then they slowly transitioned into a gentler explanation.

"We're supposed to be friends but all you're doing is getting in the way" I spat.

He was taken back by my words, "if being your friend means standing by while you kill someone, I'm not going to be your friend".

"I know what I'm doing," I said. "Just stay out of my way. You're supposed to be helping me-" he stopped me there.

"Enough, go calm down and get the fuck out of my sight" he said angrily.

I couldn't believe he thought it was acceptable for him to talk to me like that. But enough of my anger had passed that I was done with this fight. I hated walking away for a second time. I felt weak for letting James get to me twice. I went back to Meme, she wouldn't be waking up anytime soon. I held my head, I felt like I had just dug myself into a deeper hole. I looked at her, her escape had brought more distrust into our relationship. I was going to be made  out to be the bad guy, as usual. I had to figure out quickly on ways to make her trust me, to love me, all she wanted to do was push me away. I went back to tapping my foot on the floor. Everyone was so worthless.