Chapter Fourty One: Serena

I sat at their kitchen table, waiting. James said he didn't want me to be alone, but I didn't get a say on whether I wanted to be.

"Why are you turning on the oven? It's blazing in here" I whined.

"For starters, we are having pizza for dinner. It's not even that hot in here, if you're that hot- take off your jacket" He said simply.

"Pizza has so many carbs" I half muttered.

He glared at me, "Don't tell me you're on of those stuck up girls who hates pizza".

"I like pizza but I don't like what comes with it" I said noting the carbs, fat, and calories.

"Then don't eat it" He said with a huff.

My hunger was getting deeper now, I wasn't sure if I could skip another meal. I guess one slice won't hurt...

"No, I'll eat" I agreed quietly. "What kind is it?" I added to sound interested.

"Pepperoni" Is all he said. After he set a timer he sat down across from me. I avoided his eyes.

This is so boring, summer is supposed to be crazy. Summer is hanging out with your frien-

"Can you please check my phone" I said remembering I had friends.

"Why?" He asked fanning himself.

If only he knew, "I have connections to the real world that probably are wondering where I am. People aren't stupid if a girl just suddenly doesn't come home".

"We have it covered" He said.

"Bullshit! I also have friends. What are they going to think if I ditch them with the plans we made? You may have my dad fooled but you are not talking to my friends. At least not without me hearing what you would tell them" I argued.

He looked a mixture of shocked and something else. My friends are important to me. Especially since I lost Danny. That leaves with a total of two real friends, two school friends, and the rest 'friends' that you don't see outside of school and therapy that shoot you texts.

So I technically have three friends, well two. One of the real friends goes to school with me and one of the school friends is bordering fake.

"You don't get a say in these types of things" He said roughly.

I leaned in closer, he leaned in too. That's when I grabbed him by the shirt collar and pulled him roughly closer to me. My nails lightly scraping the skin of his neck.

"You do not fuck with my friends" I said darkly.

I let go of him and he retreated back. He grabbed me by the wrist roughly, twisting it painfully. Biting my bottom lip we locked eyes.

"Are we forgetting who's in charge here? Are we forgetting that I control you! You don't make these decisions and you definitely don't get to act like this" He growled.

My other hand attacked his, it was wrapped around my wrist. I stood up, he still didn't let go. He wasn't twisting anymore but it still hurt.

"If you don't think I won't go down swinging then you are mistaken" I assured.

I vowed to myself that no one was allowed to control my life again. Having enough of that over the years it was important.

"Is that how you usually go down on people?" He asked sweetly, dropping my wrist.

I felt hollow inside once again. But then I saw his tattoo, I remembered what I had over him. I don't think I could use her I an argument, she was my friend. But I sure as hell knew how to kick him where it truly hurt if he wanted to say that again. I think her soul would forgive me.

I gave him a chance, with a grin I asked, "Want to repeat that?".

He bit his lip lightly, he didn't repeat it.

Sitting back down I shifted the chair so the only thing I could look at wasn't him. We sat in silence until the smell of hot pizza filled the air. He went back to poking and prodding and I tried to find a way to not lose my mind.

When he sat back down I excused myself to the bathroom. Avoiding the mirror I walked to the corner of the bathroom and sat on the floor. What am I going to do?

Let's round up who's here, five boys- no, four boys. Two aren't here so currently three. Meme and I make two... This is the perfect time to escape. How had I not noticed? I mean, yes, they have drugs to make us pass out. Other than that I haven't really seen any weapons unless you count rope. Yet, I know for a fact someone has died here. Stay away from the kitchen knives, I noted. The room I stay in is pretty much a cage, that's professional so they have money. We both know about the cameras...

This could work, if I could talk to meme we could get out of here. At least one of us can. I bit my nails, maybe she will come out at dinner. I can get her alone, this could work.