He sighed and I felt the tension and awkwardness leave his body.

"Christmas is coming and I was thinking about how I met your family and now I think it's time for you to meet my family."

"Really?"

"Yes, I usually don't know who I'm going to spend Christmas with since my parents are separated but I know it'll be with mom this year for sure."

"So, you want me to come?"

"Yes but it's like I have to ask her first and know what's going on."

"Alright cool, you just let me know when you call her."

"You just work on yourself and behave because I want them to like you. If they don't then obviously they're seeing something that I'm not."

There was a moment of silence.

"Will your family be okay with you being missing from their dinner?" I asked.

"They shouldn't have a problem, Dante and Santino were missing from thanksgiving when they were in Italy fucking away and they didn't have a problem."

"Alright then," I said yawning immediately after.

I felt my eyelids drooping from the heaviness of being tired and before I could blink it had taken me to the dream world.

~~~

The gentle shaking of my body woke me from my slumber and I looked up into eyes that King Midas would be obsessed with.

"I have to leave now."

I groaned before I held onto the sleeve of his shirt.

"Why?"

"Because I have something important to do for my father and I don't want to be late so I have to go now."

"Fine."

"Amanda will be home soon and I've asked her to watch you for me."

He pecked my lips then my forehead and brushed a few strands of hair away in the process.

"I'll see you when you get better," he said holding my head with both of his hands.

I nodded my head and he kissed my forehead again before he left.

Amanda arrived home minutes after and we started a light conversation about what Elijah did while he was here.

"He made you soup? Lucky girl you are."

"Why do you say that?"

"Do you know how many girls wanted him to fall for them? and he's out here cooking soup for you and making sure you get better, girl you've won at life."

I smiled shaking my head at her.

"Oh he said that at six you should take another dosage of the medicine."

"He wishes that medicine tastes like flavored piss. And no, I don't know how piss tastes but if I did, I know it would taste like that medicine."

"Alright do what you want," she called as she sauntered off about her business.

I closed my eyes but I didn't sleep, I was in a tranquil state but I wasn't sleeping. I heard my phone ring and I sat up to take it from the nightstand.

"Hello."

"Go take your medicine right now."

"Who, me? I'm not drinking that and you're not Alex Rowe, so you can't tell me what to do."

"Uh huh, I'm sure if I called him and told him what's up he'd want you to drink it too so that you won't miss another day of school."

"Okay fine, I'll drink it just leave me alone and I don't want to see you ever again."

"I'll see you tomorrow Alyssa," he said before he hung up.

____________________________________________