2

Sarah bursts into a fit of laughter when Zelda turns beet red at the sight of Link.

In her dramatic fit, she collapses to the ground, taunting her best friend's love of theatre.

No, no, no! Please... not now... don't notice me... Zelda screams internally, grabbing Sarah's hand and dashing off into a random store on the pier.

Zelda takes deep breaths, taking her panicking to the extreme.

"Oh, man... Zelda... we almost... interacted with him!" Sarah says in a spurt of unsurprising laughter.

With a shaky voice, Zelda peeks through the glass window from behind the clothes rack, and says "look at him..."

"Are you freaking out cuz he's shirtless?"

"Why else would I be freaking out, Sarah!?" She says with exasperation. She quickly turns away from the window just as Link notices from outside.

He scratches his head. What was that about? Why is Zelda freaking out? They've known each other since late elementary school, right?

Maybe it's because I'm not wearing a shirt. I am such an idiot...

Madeline runs over to Link in a bikini that's three sizes too small for her with her plastic grin plastered on her face. "Hey, Romeo!" She waves her hand at Link before tripping and falling face-first into the sand.

Link resists laughter at the sight of the revenge of Zelda. Karma.

Madeline can't act for the life of her. That role should have been Zelda's.

Link smoothes down his hair in an attempt to seem distracted to Madeline, but instead, she stands up and starts blabbing on about their coming kiss for the play. I should have run away while I could've.

Link glances over at Revali, who's shamelessly flirting with a random girl he just met. Then at Daruk, who's looking around cautiously, as though searching for a dog.

Link shakes his head. My choices in friends. He texts Sarah, who just so happens to be his twin sister, but Zelda doesn't know that.

Link:
Hey. I thought you said you were coming to the beach with Mipha?

Sarah:
Yeah, about that...

Link:
What did you do?

Sarah:
Well, Mipha actually caught a cold, and she didn't want me to get sick, so she told me invite Zelda.

Link:
Why did she run away?

After a few minutes of waiting for an answer and glancing up at the window, he gives up and decides just to avoid Madeline at all costs.

When he's out of sight, Zelda lets out a long sigh, watching the waves from the window.

"You should seriously ask him out already! This little charade of yours isn't going to last forever." Or I'll tell him myself... Sarah thinks to herself, tired of playing matchmaker.

Her brother asked her to hype him up to Zelda who has the biggest crush on him.

"But what if he laughs in my face? Or-"

"You're being paranoid again!"

"But what if he does? And besides... even if he did like me that way, we should still keep things professional."

"I give up with you."

"I think I'm ready to go home..."

Sarah nods, running her fingers through her bobbed blonde hair. "Ok. I'll take you home."