Chapter 11

One month, one month has past and it seemed every single court has shut everyone out. Naomi was working on trying to get the High Lord's to agree. Yet it seemed they needed a war in order to get along with one another.

Yet, what the queen had told Naomi before she had perished. It burned a hole into her and was on her mind nearly every hour.

We are not the only ones. They will find you, and you will die.

Naomi was up and at em in the morning, she stood in the training room, pulling back arrow after arrow. The thunk, thunk, thunk filled the room. Her arm pulled back, her whole arm tensing before she let the last arrow fly. She let it fly right through the last arrow.

She let her arm drop to her side, her grip on the bow as still as strong as ever. Walking over to the target she grabbed each arrow she fired. Looking at the two halves of the arrow she split in half she flicked a flame at it. Letting the fire eat up the arrow, letting the target stay hole.

Azriel smiled softly, watching as Naomi pluck each arrow out. His hair was a bit messy from waking up, though when he saw that Naomi was still in his arms he was surprised. He would have thought she'd get up early, but it seems that he was wrong.

It was a mircale for him, to wake up, wrapped in his mate's wings. His own over her's and wrapped in each other's arms. Savoring each other's warmth in the morning, Azriel would never get tired of it.

Naomi looked over her shoulder and saw Azriel smirking softly, leaning on the doorframe. His black hair was messy, his deep hazel eyes seemed to glow in the early afternoon light. The planes of his face still beautifully elegant. His arms crossed over his broad chest, those tattoos covered with a fitting black t-shirt and loose, but still a bit tight black pants. His feet bare on the marble stone.

"Good morning," Naomi said walking over, placing the last arrow in her quiver.

Azriel wrapped his arms around her whispered into her hair, "Good morning."

Naomi smiled, breathing in his scent. The calming cedar wood scent filling her nose. Azriel's hand roamed to where her tattoo was now laid and Naomi asked him, "Do you have any meetings or duties today?"

"No, it'll just be me and you," Azriel whispered into her ear, his teeth grazing her ear.

Naomi didn't even try to hide the shiver that went down her spine as his teeth grazed her smooth pointed ear. She smiled and looked up at him and replied smirking, "Perfect."

Azriel traced his thumb over her cheekbone and whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too..."

Azriel kissed Naomi, not the heated kisses he planted on her body like last night, no this kiss was soft, sweet and still that pit of yearning was inside both of them.

"Cauldron, get a room you two," Cassian exclaimed as he walked into the training room.

Azriel glared at him slightly and quipped, "Someone upset Nesta made them sleep on the couch again?"

Naomi rose a brow and asked, "What?"

"Nesta had another night last night, it happens."

"Talk to her, help her in anyway you can. But don't be too pushy with it," Naomi told him as she got out of Azriel's embrace but still stood close to him.

Cassian looked at Naomi and asked, "How are your wings?"

"Fine, I've been strengthening them for a while now. So, how are things in the Courts?"