Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

More than a woman...

"Women are like tea,

You don't realize how strong they are until they are in hot water..."

The only time I had left for myself before dinner was to change into more comfortable clothing. I slipped out of the room while they all were enganegd in talk. I noticed Azriel;s gaze had followed me, marking me as I left the room. I closed my bedroom door softly and locked it tightly. I slipped out of the silk dress and into tight black pants and a rich turquoise sweater. I left my deep brown hair in its up do, not finding the energy to redo it.

I looked over each report the spies had sent, each clue that could lead me to where they could attack. I found none each time I read through them. I tried the recrytping system I had made just for this mission but found nothing. I wanted to slam those reports in the stew and shove them down Tarquin's throat.

"Ma'am!"

I snap my sea blue eyes at my study door to see a small soldier, panting with four letters in his hands. All. marked with the same symbol.

I ran to him and asked as he handed me the letters, "What is this?"

He looked at me, his eyes...scared. I was not that scary for the High Lord's sake.

"Letters from the spies, ma'am."

I usher him out and walk to the large gold lined window that was in front of the sea.  A wonderful view, but that was not why I walked over to the window. I needed to hear the ocean's chrashing waves to be calm right now. I tear open the first letter, my eyes eager to read what was happening.

'Dear Naomi,

    We have landed safely on Hybern's shore, we are not too far from the palace. Guards are planted everywhere, in houses, inns, no one is left without being asked if they would fight for freedom. They are looking for more soldiers to fight against us, and the men are all for it.

We have yet to see what they are planning on doing. Naomi, something is happening here. Children are on the streets begging for anything, some even whoring themselves for the slightest bit of food. It is almost as if the Queen doesn't care about the children and women, she wants soldiers.

Women are leaving their babes on the street to starve and die. The wailings do not stop, and the guards make it worse. They take food from the poor and eat it right in front of the person they took it from. If any of them fight back, they either die or...you could let your imagine run free from that thought.

The guards have heavy, old, marked armor. Strong but, it doesn't help their speed. Their swords seem too heavy and unbalanced, their swinging is lazy and bored. They are strong though, stronger than normal fae. I don't think we could take down one if we even tried.

    That is all, stay safe,
            Sargent Folkus'
I swore and placed the letter on my desk, I sat down and slammed my fists on the table. The wood groaning under the presure. I had no valuable information from him, what was I going to do? Tell the Hybern Queen what she already knows? Perfect!

If one of their men can take down almost three of the normal fae, what chance do we have?

They don't have what you have....