Chapter 8

Naomi dug deeper and deeper into her magic. There was no bottom, she brushed agaist the top of the pool of her power and got sucked in. The queen was ready, and she would not wait for Naomi. She realed her head back and roared, the beam of pure darkness at Naomi.

Naomi flapped those mighty black wings once, she flew towards the beam. She felt no fear, no fear of death stayed inside of her. She spun around the beam of shadows and tore the queens chest open. An attack the queen could have never seen coming.

Tralisin whooped, the soldiers behind the High Lord's cheering for Naomi. Azriel tugged on the mating bond, whispering down, 'Her left side is wide open for you.'

Naomi heard it loud and clear, she grabbed the Queen's scaled shoulders and flew upwards. The Queen roared in pain, clawing and thrashing at Naomi. Her talons scraped against her face and neck.

"Stop!"

Naomi only ripped at the Queen's wings and let her drop in the center of her burning camp. Naomi pushed against her, her talons sinking in the Queen's chest. The wind tore at them, Naomi did not give up as she opened her wings, she stopped suddenly as the queen fell to the ground.

Naomi let her power roar out, the white flame crashed down on the Queen. Naomi could feel it now, the pain, her leg was burning, her chest...it hurt for some reason. Naomi watched as the queen had a gaping hole in her chest. Naomi landed as the queen rose up.

Nesta sighed, this damned queen would not die. The queen and Naomi looked at one another before the two dug into their magic one last time. The High Lord's paled as they felt the power surging through the air.

"Holy hell..." Rhysand whispered.

The two dragons let their magic free, the two beams of magic flying at one another. The beam of shadows scraped against the beam of white flame. A small spark where the two hit one another. The dust flew up as an impact as landed, blocking their view. Then, the sun rose.

It was silent, no man dared to whisper as the dust cleared. The blood mixing with the poppies on the field. No man dared to breath too loud.

Beron strained his old eyes as he looked out at the field. Kallias stood next to Vivian, their icy viens warming as the sun hit them, both of them looking at the dust. Hellion shifted on his feet as the dust started to clear. Thesan held hands with his lover, worry lacing their viens. Tamlin prayed to anyone who dared ot listen in the Mother's grasp, that Naomi lived. Tarquin begged to Darcy's soul, to not take Naomi yet. Rhysand and his Inner Circle watched as the dust split in two.

Broken gasps split through the air. The queen was fallen, her black blood poluting the looping river Naomi had made. Her black scales dripping with blood, her eyes dull and lifeless. Her claws coated in ruby red blood.

Her blood pooled around her. Her grass was seemingly steaming from where the black blood was. The surrounding grass was slowly dying, almost if the blood was a poison that killed everything that it was near.

Cheers split through the silent crowd as Naomi stood and rose her wings to the morning sun. The sun could not shine through the membrane of her bloodied ripped wings. Her sea eyes fleckled with those flakes of gold it looked as if the sea and islands were mapped in her eyes. Blood caked her, her back left leg hung uselessly. She could not put any pressure on her leg, if she did she would probably fall onto the rotting ground. She looked at the rising sun, the rays shone down on the bloodied grass.

There was no sign of life from Hybern, for they were all dead. No one had survived Prythian's relentless attacks. Naomi looked out at the sea, the ships now burning pieces of wood. She let her large scaled head drop before she collasped, dust flying up.

"Naomi!"

Azriel winnowed to her, he sprinted to her as fast as he possibly could, he nearly slipped on a pool of her own blood. He pulled on that string between them and pleaded, 'Stay alive.'

'I can't see anything...'

Naomi looked around, she saw nothing but darkness. What was happening? Did she die, was Azriel a fragment of her imagination or was she...did she really find her mate?

'Open your damned eyes right now Naomi!'

Naomi did as told, she saw nothing, nothing at all. She moved her snout, she felt his warm hand and let out a pained groan.

"Her leg is nothing but crushed bone," who was that...Feyre?

Naomi felt the pain and let out a roar of pain.

"Naomi, breathe."

Was she breathing? She had no clue if her chest was rising or falling, or if it moved at all, she had no idea anymore.

Azriel rubbed his scarred hand over her snout, the healers were doing there best to keep her awake. One healer looked at the soldiers and said, "We need to flip her over, the wound on her chest is going to bleed her out."

The soldiers nodded, Azriel whispered soothing words to her as she winced in pain. She flipped her over, her head resting on her left side. The gashes on her chest were wide and deep. The healers did their best, the wounds slowly worked their way together but it still seemed it wasn't enough.

Feyre walked forwards and cut her palm open, the looked at Naomi and whispered softly, "Open your mouth..."

Naomi opened her mouth, the teeth making Feyre stare for one moment longer. Naomi drank the smallest amount of her blood and Azriel thanked her as the wounds heeled. Though, her leg was still as limp as a dead fish.

Naomi had enough power to shift, her clothing was ripped, the bite mark on her thigh looked ravaged and deep. The talon marks looked like three valleys on her chest. Azriel picked her up, her wings vanishing into the wind. She was limp in his arms.

'I belive we have something to finish.'

He laughed, 'Indeed we do.'