Chapter Five

Chapter Five:

War between courts

"United we stand. . .

Divide we fall. . ."

A crash was heard, I was in Azriel's arms. Rhysand was before me, shadows pooled around him. People scrambled away from us. Tarquin was advancing towards us, as were the other court's High Lord's and Lady's.

I was shaking, I looked like a coward. I hated it.

Tamlin smirked, was this man delusional?

Tendrils of smoke pooled around Azriel, they were all ready to strike. A war inside of a war. I could not let this happen.

"You protect her? Will you take her to your land and then-"

"That is enough Tamlin, Naomi stays here." Tarquin says looking at him, rallying if he could walk out of that fight alive.

"You hold her, like a pet?" Tamlin asks sneering.

I was right here and they spoke as if I was not in the room.

"She owes me, lets just say that." Tarquin said looking at me.

"She owes you, or do you hold a secret from everyone here and blackmail her to stay?" Bernon asked, crossing his arms.

"You do not want to start this fight Bernon." Varian said placing a hand on Tarquins shoulder.

"If I do? I mean I always wonder if you could fight better than the rumors say." Bernon says.

"This is idiotic to fight, we should leave." Kallias said sighing.

"Fights are for honor, if you have any."

"What honor to you hold to your name? You are a tyrant."

"I rule carefully, and with an iron fist."

"Oh please, you make woman into breeders like a dog."

"That's enough!"

Everyone looked at me, I was out of Azriel's arm and facing the arguing High Lord's.

"Do you have a death wish girl?" Bernon asked me, growling. His sons ready to fight if needed.

"No I don't, but you seem to forget. You all do, what will be on all of our shores if this keeps up!" I say throwing a hand to the ocean facing Hybern.

"Tarquin what have you told this girl?" Hellion asked, crossing his arms.

"I have told her nothing, she is my head Scholar after all." Tarquin said smirking in his way.

"What can she even do?" Thesan asked, crossing his arms.

"She hold many names, others worse than the last." Varian said crossing his arms.

"I am right here, excuse me for my language. But arguing like fucking five year olds, will not stop that unhinged man's wife from attacking! You have to understand creating a civil war in Prythian will not stop her. If you can not see that we have to work together and stop her then I will go over there and behead her myself.

"You say you want peace, but you court chaos! This place we call home will be beprived in two. I will not allow that to happen. I understand you all went through so much, so much killings, wrath, wars, but that can not happen anymore. The wall is gone, humans are staying where they are. Because they are terrified of us, the fury you all raise. You will end up wiping yourself out.

"Call me a imbecile child, but I have seen many things in my life. I may have only been young during the Great War but, I know pain, I know suffering, I know how it feels to kill. Call me a child but you will still find me on the battlefield. Because I will not let my home be destroyed by some maniac homicidal widow!" I said looking at each and every single one of them in the eye, not backing down.