15. paradise (jm)

"jonah, you know how much i hate the beach," i  say, dragging my overweight bag in the sand. two towels feel like weights, and i'm almost sure i'm going to collapse at any second.

"y/n, you should know to trust me better. we're not going to the beach," he says, smiling at me, with a mysterious glint in his summer eyes.

he takes my hand as we run through the dunes, as i watch the beach bag slip away from my hands.

"leave it!" jonah says, laughing, "we'll get it later!"

my worries somehow slip away, and i run with him.

i've never felt more free in my life.

soon, we reach a cave, and jonah takes my hand, leading me through it. we take a left, and i see an covered entrance, shrouded in vines.

"welcome to paradise, love," he says, pulling back the vines to reveal a tropical paradise.

the waves are crystal clear, as two seagulls chirp above the water. the sand is soft and sprinkled with pastel seashells. not one figure is in sight, and i become aware that jonah and i have the beach to ourselves.

"wow..." i say, as i put my arms around him.

before i know it, jonah's scooping me up and running into the water.

"don't you dare!" i say as he prepares to throw me in the water, and i tumble into the salty ocean below. a wave washes me into his chest, and i pick myself up to see him laughing at me, as i splash water in his face.

"i'm so lucky," i hear him whisper. i kiss his soft lips before he can say another word. as he pulls my sandy hair back, i lean against his chest, looking at the paradise before us.