8. wonderful christmastime (ja)

"jack?"

"yes, y/n?"

i lean on the bannister of my staircase, watching him put up our christmas tree in the front hall. he's strung lights all around it, and he's been using a ladder to get to the top of it, because of his diminishing yet adorable height.

wonderful christmastime by paul mccartney is blaring on a huge speaker in jack's living room. jack's house echos greatly, much to the chagrin of our neighbors.

"do you think we'll be doing the same thing next year?" i say, twirling a piece of split-ended hair around my pointer finger.

"what do you mean, baby?" he says, looking at me. he almost stumbles off the ladder, but catches his balance. i giggle softly, but remain serious.

i need to ask him this.

"next year, do you think we'll be putting up our tree again, and the year after that?"

he drops a sparkling silver ball ornament, as the music blares on in our silence. he dramatically looks up at me, as he climbs down the ladder, and i swiftly move downstairs.

we come face to face with each other, while the song moves to the chorus. he looks me in my eyes, curiously, like i'm a foreign being. then suddenly, before i can speak, i feel his lips on mine.

thoughts race through my head. jack and i have been together for a while, but he hasn't really kissed me yet. but now, this was it. i wasn't ready.

i wasn't, but i would be.

his arms enclose me warmly, and before i know it, i'm caught up in the moment. i remember who i'm kissing. jack avery: the boy of my dreams. the way he cared about me made my heart so happy, and i cared for him too. what was i thinking, asking him if we'd be doing this next year? of course we would; no doubt. i loved him and he loved me, and something told me it would stay that way.

we part slowly, as i hear the song serenade us, strangely enough.

"does that answer your question?" he says, a smile creeping up on his blushing face.

my cheeks are warm and blushy, as he puts his arm around me as we head to clean up the ornament and finish decorating the tree together.

hi guys! it's been some time since i've posted an imagine but here's a cute lil christmas one for you guys hehe i've got a new story coming soon soooooo stay tuned!! xx