New love

*This is probably dramatic and unrealistic af, but I tried! I cried writing this. You know know it goes when I'm in my feels. Also, this is written in 3rd person pov!*

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I don't love you anymore."

She meets his gaze as the words fall from her lips. Her eyes are blank, clouded from the emptiness in her soul.

"What?" His voice is low, a mere whisper.

She stares into the distance now, sighing as her frustration for the beautiful boy consumes her.

"I'm not in love with you anymore," she states once again, though she chooses her words more carefully to make them more truthful.

He simply stares at her as his vision becomes blurry, tears roaming the back of his eyes just begging for release.

He shuts his lids tight, hoping he would wake up from the nightmare his seems to be in.

"I don't- what do you- how could you.." he rambles on, standing up and pacing the room.

"You're not in love with me either."

He spins, coming up to her sitting figure. Her curls spread over her face, her rosy cheeks shining.

"I love you," his voice is strong, honest.

She looks up at him, sighing again as she stands. "But, you're not in love with me."

He is silent, watching as her footsteps fill the quiet. She reaches into a cabinet, pulling out a glass. She simply fills it with water.

"Wh- how could you say that?" Anger now bubbles in him, sorrow mixing in with it.

She slams the glass down, fury in her eyes as she turns to him. "Its not fucking there Sean! I can't feel it, I can't see it, I can't touch it!"

"Kayc," He reaches out for her, but she flinches back.

"I used to have butterflies in my stomach when I was around you," she holds her belly, her eyes now shiny with tears, "but they've seemed to have died.

I see it in you're eyes, Sean. They don't shine, they don't sparkle for me anymore." Her voice now cracks as she speaks, her heart coming undone in front of him.

"You don't kiss my forehead for no reason anymore. You don't play with my hair as I fall asleep on you're chest anymore. You don't hold my pinky in  yours as we walk the streets anymore." She stops, only to catch her breath.

Sean realizes that her words are right, his cheeks lining with tears. His heart now seems to be in pieces that dig into his chest. He swallows, his throat tight. "So you're saying you want to end this?"

Kaycee tilts her head, her own face wet with hot tears, "I don't know. I just know I don't want to feel this way anymore," she motions to the two of them. "I don't want to live in this space with you, but feel like we're so far apart."

He studies her, searching her eyes. "Me either," he agrees. "But, I don't want to lose you, you're still my best friend."

She nods, "I know."

They stand in silence, though it's not as uncomfortable as before. "I want to hold you," his voice is small and painful.

She suddenly feels her body sigh, relief flooding though it. She walks into his arms, running her fingers through the back of his hair.

He buries his head into her neck, breathing in her scent he missed so much.

"I miss you," his voice cracks.

She laughs, a sob somewhere in it too,"I miss you too. I miss you so much it hurts."

"It hurts so much," he agrees.

They continue to hold each other, fingers running through the other's hair.

"I'm sorry," Sean states, his voice shaking.

"Its okay."

He shakes his head, pulling back. "I'm sorry for slowly distancing myself from our love. I'm sorry for forgetting why I fell in love with you in the first place. I'm sorry I got distracted from our relationship." He looks away, pain flashing in his chest, "I'm sorry for not loving you the way you deserve."

Her eyes gloss over once again, her hands cupping his face. "Sean," she whispers, "I'm sorry too. I'm sorry for letting our love die, no matter how slowly. I'm sorry for not telling you how I felt. I'm just sorry, just so fucking sorry." Her knees seem to buckle, the stress taking over her body.

Sean quickly catches her, pulling her body to him, as he walks them over to the couch. He holds her for a long while, though he feels most comfortable in the position.

Kaycee soon lifts her head from his chest, searching his eyes.

"I want to learn to love you again," she confesses. His heart beats in his ears, a new shine to his eyes.

"I want to learn to love you the way you deserve," he responds, placing a lose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Maybe we could learn to love together," her eyes sparkle with new hope.

Sean nods, placing a kiss on Kaycees forehead, "I would love nothing more, Kayc."

They smile, hugging each other close for the rest of the night.