29. Don't Go

When they left the appartement, Draven carried the flowers and followed Eric outside. Draven wanted to take the car, but Eric shook his head, "Melissa and I always walked. It doesn't mean anything if we go there by car."

Luckily, the funeral home was not far, merely twenty minutes of walk, but Draven would have walked an hour if it meant being Eric's company. When they reached the funeral home, they were surprised that Justin was not there.

People from the dance club were there, a few friends she made at the bar. Nurses that cared for her, a few members of her distant family such as cousins and uncles. Surprisingly, Jason and Rebecca were there, and when they saw Eric, Jason waved a small hand, both of them noticing that Draven was behind him. Draven's secretary was there as well.

As they walked past Melissa's open casket, Eric burst out in tears, crying hysterically as he stared at her statute form. She had no colour, and he knelt down in front of her casket, wishing she would opened her eyes and tell him she was alright. Draven placed a palm on his shoulder for comfort, and when Eric calmed down, Draven handed him one of the roses that he had bought, and Eric placed it in the casket.

When they continued, Draven placed the rest with the pile of flowers and cards people had brought, and then he wrapped a comforting arm around Eric as they reached the seats. They sat behind Jason and Rebecca, Eric leaning onto Draven as he cried, and Draven comforted him, massaging his back as he held him tightly.

They sat there for about an hour, when there was suddenly a raucous outside the room. When they all glanced upwards, it was Adelina who stormed inside the room, marched right past the casket without saying anything, narrowed her eyes at the gifts the people had brought and searched amongst the room for the familiar eyes of the man who had been ignoring her the entire day.

When she met those blue eyes that stared back at her in rage, she stomped her feet towards him and coldly said, "Draven, let's go."

His arm tightened around Eric as he hissed quietly, "I'm not leaving, Lina."

Her narrowed eyes deepened, and she attempted again, "I said let's go."

"Are you crazy?" His body stiffened around Eric, who glanced towards Adelina, "He just lost his best friend and you stomp your way here just to tell me to come with you?"

"Who cares? It's just a random girl, and why aren't you answering my calls?"

When Jason noticed Draven's gaze suddenly enter such a dark realm, he immediately stood and placed his palm on Adelina's shoulder; Draven was going to explode, "Maybe you should leave."

"Yes," the secretary added as well, "it's best if you leave."

"You spineless fools," she shrieked, "you're all just minions that work for him, how dare you speak to me like this—"

"Adelina, I swear on my—"

"Draven," Eric pulled apart from him, catching his focus. Eyeballs were already turning to them, and he didn't want this negative energy to divert the focus from Melissa onto them, "you should just go."

He paused for a moment, frowning and attempting to understand why Eric was sending him away, "Eric, I—"

"Let's go, husband," Adelina pressured, extending her palm for him to grab.

Draven remained quiet for a moment, softening his grip around Eric but eventually, shook his head, "I'm not leaving."

"Adelina, you need to go," the secretary chimed in again, her tone much more stern than the first.

Eric frowned, "Draven—"

"Just shut up Eric," he forced Eric's face against his chest and raised his eyes to Adelina who stared back at him with rage, "You're a filthy rag, get out of my sight. Nobody wants you here, to be fair nobody even favours you."

Adelina yelped, then retorted, "Then why are you having sex with me and not him—"

"Because you're easy to get, you whore."

Everyone had heard that comment, and a few gasps went around the room. Even the secretary lowered her lips, chuckling a bit. Jason chortled, widening his gaze to Rebecca who did the same.

Adelina reached forward, and slammed her palm against Draven's cheek, as she hissed, "I can't believe you." After one last look at all of them, she scoffed and stomped towards the exit of the room.

The funeral was the next day, but that night, Draven asked if Eric needed company, to which he refused. Draven insisted, "I'll cook for you, clean for you. I'll buy food too."

Eric shook his head as they walked, "It's alright."

When they reached the entrance to the appartement, Draven turned to Eric one last time, and paused. Eric was unsure what to say, hence why Draven took the initiative and said, "You were such a light in her life, and I know she knows that. You helped her so many times, probably saved her life countless times, because your heart is filled with such good and love that I've never come across before. I'm sure she's just happy that you're there now."

He reached forward and placed his arms around him, embracing him tightly and placing a small peck on the top of his head. Eric returned the embrace, patting his back before Draven pulled away.

"I'll come tomorrow morning, we can head to the funeral together."

Eric said nothing.

When Draven turned around, he felt a tug on the end of his coat. He glanced over his shoulder, to finding Eric having a grasp on the end of his coat, gripping for dear life as he began crying.

In a soft voice, Draven heard, "Please...don't go."