13. Champagne Bottles

"Co-author?"

Jason and Rebecca sprinted to him after they found him sitting at his original desk, the one next to Draven's office.

They were looking around to determine if Draven was anywhere near, but when they assured he was not, the leaned forward secretively, "How can you go for toilet cleaning to co-author?"

Eric knew how, but he shrugged his shoulders, "I guess he just realized how good I was."

"Don't you lie to me, Eric!" Rebecca hissed, frowning, "Are you two dating?"

"He's not gay," Eric lied.

"I know he's not gay," Jason took it without question, "but there must be a reason he is all over you again."

Eric shrugged his shoulders, remember what Draven had told him.

"Don't say anything to anybody," he had said sternly, "If it comes out, we'll both be in insane shit."

He was unsure if they were officially dating, but one thing was certain, they were something.

"No," Eric lied again, "I'm not sure what's the reason either."

Jason and Rebecca were not the only one on the floor wondering where such revelation had come from, especially Miranda who purposely marched by him with steady glares, and Elsa who had been moved to the worst desk on the floor. He felt guilty, but it was not him who had chosen for Draven to fall in love with him, and it was not as if he didn't find Draven exceptionally handsome.

Draven stepped onto the floor with excitement plastered on his face, and he smiled, "Everyone, stop what you're doing!"

All the staff members looked up, and finally noticed Draven was holding a bottle of champagne in his palm. He smirked when the attention was gained, and said, "My press conference reached seven million views online, causing one two million pre-order of the book Cold Shoulder! Hence why, today you will still all get paid, but—" he popped the top of the champagne bottle and the foam exploded everywhere, "let's celebrate!"

Everyone cheered, standing from their seats and applauding him. He then screamed, "I would like you all to applaud Eric as well, since I would not have been able to have done this without him."

Although it was not the same energy, Eric received a few applauds as he nervously shuffled at his spot.

Draven smiled excitingly, "Let's celebrate!"

A bunch of workers from the cafeteria entered the floor with bottles after bottles, everyone grabbing a drink and the bottles continued to come. The place became a disaster, champagne staining a bunch of people's clothes but none cared, celebrating the exciting news together.

Rebecca chugged an entire bottle of champagne by herself, taking a few breaks but Jason cheered her on throughout the whole thing. Eric had gotten tipsy by his sixth glass, and drunk by his twelfth, and when Draven played music and dimmed the lights, there was no holding back.

They danced and drank, ordered food for all of them as Draven talked to every single one of them, inviting authors from different floors for drinks and food as well, and the celebration turned chaotic, with too many people on the floor to even move. Draven was standing on one of the desks, being Miranda's desk who glared at him from the corner of the room, but continued to drink.

Eric eyed him a few times, and could not help but fall into a trance as he examined the smile on Draven's face. That was all his, and the desires within his body was beginning to become extreme; he needed some at this very moment.

Jacob needed to shake him, "We might go to the bar tonight, you're joining us?"

"Of course," he said, already drunk, "I could never say no."