14. Amusement Park

"Are you willing to stay midnight with me?"

"I have a diner planned," Eric replied, raising his eyes towards Draven who frowned, sipping on his coffee. He used to always be on his phone, barely focused on conversations. But whenever he approached Eric, his phone was placed into his pocket, and any buzzing was not enough to divert his attention from Eric.

Draven nodded his head, "With who?"

"Melis—"

"Draven," they heard Miranda's voice, to which Draven rolled his eyes and turned to her. She approached them, "Fine if I drop this off in your office? Your secretary isn't here."

"Do whatever you want," he shook his head in annoyance, and she yelped, marching in his office with a glare.

He returned his attention to Eric, as he repeated, "Melissa."

"Cancel that," he dismissed, "you're staying with me tonight." He did not even stay to hear Eric's protests, rather returned to his office and closed the door. He emerged from his office a few seconds later and placed a cold iced tea can on Eric's desk without saying anything.

It was his favourite drink.

That night, when majority left, Eric entered Draven's office, finding him at his seat, drawing for the next chapter of Midnight Ravens. When he realized it was Eric, his pen immediately fell from his fingers, and he said, "Everyone left?"

"A few stayed behind," he breathed, "I really think I should head to dinner with Melissa—"

"Screw Melissa," Draven stood from his seat, "she played you anyway. Spend some time with me."

He bit his bottom lip hesitantly, but when Draven reached for his jaw and approached him, wrapping an arm around his lower back, Eric was convinced.

"You're so handsome by the way," Draven breathed passionately, examining Eric's gorgeous hazel eyes as he leaned in for a kiss.

Eric chuckled, "I never told you; I like you too."

"I think I could've guessed that without you telling me," he laughed quietly.

After laughter erupted from the both of them, Eric said, "So are you just going to make my lower back sore again, or do you have something planned?"

"I have something planned, and if we weren't in a hurry, I'd have sex with you right now."

Eric fell flustered, "What do you have planned?"

Draven shrugged his shoulders, separated from him and said, "Do I ever tell you when I have something planned?"

That was the truth; Draven arrived to his home in the morning randomly one time to bring him to work, which he thought he had been fired from. The next time he brought him to the press conference, without his knowledge either.

He smiled; whatever that was planned, it must be filled with happiness.

When all his belongings were packed, he undressed himself and threw on his extra sweater and sweat, throwing some in Eric's direction as well.

Eric raised an eyebrow, only to be told, "Just do what I say." He changed into the clothes that were given, and the followed Draven out of the building, his hood powered above his eye.

It took about two hours before they arrived to their destination, but when Eric realized where they had parked, his eyes widened childishly, "An amusement park?"

Draven shrugged his shoulders, "It stays open until two a.m; I thought it would be a cute first date."

Eric descended from the vehicle with his eyes widened, almost falling from their sockets as he gasped. There were rollercoasters that reached higher than any other he had been too, and let's not forget the Ferris Wheel filled with people aboard.

They did many mini games, Draven winning a few prizes for Eric who beamed in joy whenever he received one. They ate a few slices of pizza, hiding their faces whenever someone walked nearby since if they were spotted, it would be catastrophic. They walked around with their hands interlaced, Eric squeezing against Draven's side as they entered different rollercoasters, one that dropped the people from a high point, which almost made Eric puke the pizza he had eaten minutes prior.

Finally, they reached the Ferris Wheel, and it was no doubt that Draven wanted to ride it. Eric, not so much, but he reluctantly went on it, since Draven's company was all the more reasons to do so. They stared as they started reaching a higher point, the city coming to view with illuminating lights.

Eric turned to Draven who smiled back at him, "When did you first realize you liked me?"

"When you walked into my office three hours later, with no shoes on," he laughed, which caused Eric to laugh as well, "I thought it was cute."

"It was embarrassing—"

"For you, I agree. But then, when I headed to your place, and you thought I said 'I want to have a fuck', do you remember what happened next?"

Eric frowned, he did not even remember that conversation.

Draven laughed, "You kissed me—"

"I kissed you?"

"It was such a bold move," Draven continued, slapping his knee, "I knew you wouldn't remember but you did kiss me."

"Was Melissa there?"

"She was there, in fact she was the one that pulled you away from me."

His cheeks became red, and he turned away, "I didn't know that happened."

"Relax," Draven leaned forward, "it happened for the best." He planted a short loving kiss on Eric's lips, and smiled when Eric returned the compassion. Then, an odd idea bursted into his mind as he said, "What if we have sex here?"

"Are you insane?" Eric exclaimed, raising his eyebrows in horror.

Draven chuckled, "The Ferris Wheel is going slow anyway; we'll be done by the time it lands."

"People can see!"

"The few that do can enjoy the show."

They did do it, but they were caught, and the Ferris Wheel ride stopped completely. They were stuck there for about half an hour before the ride started going again in faster speed since they wanted both of them to get out.

Draven was almost recognized, but he pulled his hood lower onto his eyes and with Eric's hand in his, he jogged away from them, sprinting back to the car.

It was a date neither of them would ever be able to forget, and a time they would have to look back on, since the time that approached them were going to be stressful.