Chapter One

Lloyd's Pov

I was ashamed. I let these dark emotions take over me. After Kai and Nya left, Jay and I kept fighting. We didn't stop until I landed another blow on his side leaving him rendered useless on the floor. Zane and Cole had left, I didn't know why. Something clicked and I ran to the infirmary and grabbed bandages. It had been three days and Jay was still knocked out. I knew the overlord was planning on coming back. I didn't think I would be his victim. It hurt to see how much I had pained everyone. I decided it would be best to leave. My wounds were almost healed, I grabbed some clothes and hygiene items and shoved them in my green backpack. I grabbed some food and wrapped it in a clean tee shirt. I took a look at my precious monastery before grabbing my uncles old staff. 'Goodbye' I thought as I left shutting the gate behind me.

Jay's Pov

I woke up with a searing pain through my entire body. 'What happened?' I thought as I slowly sat up. I took in my surroundings. I was in the infirmary. 'I remember, Lloyd and I got into a fight' I remembered as the pain in my side intensified with memory. 'But how did I get here? I thought I was a goner' I chuckled. I looked around some more and found a green sticky note on the window beside my bed. "Dear Jay, I'm so sorry for all the problems I have caused. I wanted to thank you for releasing me from the overlord's influence. I don't know how to fix the mess I've made... But I thought leaving Ninjago would be a good start. I haven't contacted any of the others... heh sorry about that! You'll probably want to go see them before they plan some kind of funeral. I'm really sorry Jay, it's up to you to fix this." I read aloud. 'Why can we never rest!' I thought as I slowly climbed out of the bed. My entire body felt like it had been hit by a train, but I needed to tell them. With every step came a new pain. 'This will be a long journey' I thought tiredly.

Kai's Pov

We honestly thought they were dead. Nya had been in her room for the past three days. I had contacted Cole and Zane, but was met with no response. 'We've lost. We've lost our master, our team. Our friend' I thought as I drank another cup of coffee. Sleep was something I rarely did. Everyone copes their own way... and I refused to return to the secret fight club I used to be apart of. I decided it was time to comfort Nya. I walked to her room, my coffee in hand. "Nya? May I come in?" I asked hesitantly. There was no response which I took as a yes. I slowly opened the door and saw her cuddled in the bed watching a movie on her laptop. "Whatcha watching?" I asked as I sat beside her. I looked on the screen, it wasn't a movie. "Why are you watching Jay's cringy tv show?" I asked as I stifled a laugh. 'Even if he's gone, that was the worse mistake he ever made' I thought as I shook my head, remembering all the dumb things we did when we thought Zane was gone. "I used to watch it before bed every night..." Nya said softly with a smile. I watched as she inhaled every time Jay laughed. 'She really loves him...' I thought as I smiled. It reminded me of what Skylor and I have. I hadn't seen her in a long time... She called me and said she was supposed to go and fight beside Lloyd. He had told her I turned evil and was threatening us all. She didn't believe him and called me immediately after she "accepted" his offer. She told me she was going to go to her father's island and help clean it up. They were apparently turning it into a giant hospital. She said she wouldn't be back for a few weeks, she was going to use that as an excuse not to end up fighting us. 'Now I'm glad she left... Who knows what would've happened to her if she had came!' I thought as I took another sip of my coffee. "I would give anything to hear him laugh in person" Nya said softly. I put my hand on her shoulder. 'How do you respond to that?!' I thought grasping for a way to comfort her. "Well, I'm not really in the mood to laugh... But would a kiss work for now?" We heard Jay say. We both whipped our head to the doorway.

Nya's Pov

There he stood. Bandages around his waist but a smile that could light up all of Ninjago. I raced into his arms. I heard him wince slightly as he picked me up spinning me around. "But how?!" I exclaimed as tears ran down my cheek. He wiped them away with a smile. "Lloyd turned back, he saved me." He said as Kai came to join us. He patted Jay on the back with a smile of his own. "So where is the Green Bean?" Kai asked jokingly. Jay frowned as his grip on my waist loosened. I looked as his entire demeanor dropped. "He left." Jay whispered having a stare off with the ground. 

A/N: Hey guys! It's Elizabeth, I hope you're liking the sequel to Falling Wish! I've been working really hard on this book and I hope you guys are enjoying it. 

-Elizabeth <3