n i

"I'd cross the world for someone like you"

|Φ|

LAUGHTER resounded through the quiet night as Harry and I walked along the shoreline. Our hands intertwined as we talked about our rendezvous earlier.

"I can't believe you did that.", I choked out laughing as the picture of Harry dancing on the makeshift stage while he battled it out with some drunken guy came to mind. It was absolutely hilarious watching him move ridiculously in sync with the song as he mocked the guy by pretending to dance drunkenly in his face.

"Believe it, princess.", he burst out laughing, as my heart skipped a bit at the endearing word.

"Do not call me that," I told him sternly, pulling my hand away, my mind reeling as the waves crashed down on the sand, barely reaching our feet. Harry quietened down beside me as I stopped walking. I gazed at the glimmering castle located far away from the Isle. My eyes were downcast as I reminisced the memories of my parents. Although Auradon brought a massive weight upon my shoulders I can still feel my heart constricting as I thought about the magnificent hallways, the castle, and my favourite lake where I spent my spare time swimming, which was located beside Auradon Prep. The silence was deafening but the atmosphere was light and calming.

"' Ye know, you haven't told me about yourself, Erina," he stated truthfully as he stepped closer, his hand holding my arms while he rested his head on my shoulder. I turned my gaze towards him, seeing the genuine interest swirling in his crystallized eyes before I glanced back at the island.

Harry waited for my reply, his breath blowing warm air in my ear, making me shiver. I contemplated if I should tell him the truth about my existence.

"My parents were born in aristocracy. Just like all normal parents, they wanted to morph me into something they wanted me to be. They took control of my life until the day I turned eighteen. A lady of age needed to be married to a suitable suitor, Mother always said. The next morning, they announced that I was to be married to some man I didn't like. I barely even knew him. He was a conceited boy, only caring about himself, yet my parents thought that he was the one.", I confessed, not looking him in the eye, when I felt the atmospheric feeling change. His body became tense at the thought of my marriage while his arms loosened his hold.

"I understand that they only want what is best for me but I hated when they took control of my life. I tried to reason with them but they wouldn't listen to any word I said so I packed up my things and ran away.", I continued, my eyes brimming with tears as I turned towards Harry when he let me go abruptly. An unreadable expression crossed his face as the wind blew past us, my skirt flying in the air. Silence reigned upon the vicinity; even the ranging water was calm.

I waited for his reply but he came up with nothing, making me turn my back towards him, avoiding the eerie silence. A hand suddenly appeared, wiping the tears that managed to escape my eyes. He gripped my chin, turning my gaze back at him as his crystallized eye brewed with millions of thoughts which I couldn't decipher. His hand dropped down limply on his side alongside the warmth in my body, replaced by an icy cold feeling.

He looked at Auradon, seemingly thinking to himself before asking me, "When did you leave?"

"The day I saved your drunken self." I laughed humorously, seeing his eyes snap back at mine, amusement swirling in his irises.

"I wasn't drunk, princess, I was taken by the waves."

"Keep telling yourself that."

A glint of mischief lightened up his eyes as he approached me like a predator. My eyes widened as his lips formed a malicious smirk.

"You better run, princess.", he muttered lowly before running towards me with full force, making me squeal in delight and run. I stopped in front of a large rock, circling it as Harry ran to the other side. He let out a playful snarl as his eyes turned craze in amusement before lunging to the left. I took off, running to the right as Harry stumbled down the sand.

"Better keep up, old man!", I shouted from behind me as I ran faster. Our laughter was the only thing that can be heard amidst the silent night, occasionally accompanied by the crashing waves of the sea and the whispers of the wind as they danced right beside us. Stopping for a breath, I let out a loud gasp when an arm wrapped around my waist from behind, turning me around. My chocolate-coloured eyes met his crystallized ones as the moonlight shone above us. The sound of the seawater splashing on the shore seemed far off as I got lost in the swirling storm with specks of silver surrounding the pupils. Our faces were centimetres apart from each other, waiting for one to make a move.

My eyes flickered down on his lips and to his eyes where I could see the desire in them. His hands clenched my hips tightly as heat travelled down my spine.

"Kiss me, pirate.", I whispered breathlessly, before his lips took over mine in a fiery passion. Heat travelled down my stomach where butterflies fluttered around wildly, creating goosebumps on my exposed skin. His hands caressed my face, gently angling my jaw to the side to deepen the kiss.

Harry pulled me even closer, gripping my hips tightly as I let out a gasp for air, breaking the contact. His lips trailed fiery kisses down my jaw and my neck, while my hand weaved through his silky brown hair, eyes closed in utter bliss before he pulled away. He gave me a quick peck before pressing our foreheads together as we both inhaled deep breaths.

I closed my eyes, blocking him as the same emotion blossomed in my chest. The fiery heat on my stomach grew larger, enveloping my body as I clutched his arm tightly. Tears leaked from the corner of my eye as the feeling blanketed me. I felt immense joy as Harry continued to embrace me amidst the cold, dark night, but a sense of dread filled me when I remembered the soldiers. If they ever saw me... Oh, I didn't want to think what would happen. The pad of his thumb brushed the tear away as my eyes fluttered open, my face leaning on his hand comfortingly.

"Why are you crying?", he asked, concern evident in his tone. I reached out to caress his face; the eyeliner was absent and his hook along with the pirate hat was thrown somewhere on the shore as I heaved deep breaths, calming the erratic beating of my heart.

I love you, Harry.

"I like you so much, Harry."

"I like you too, Erina."

|Φ|

Edited [06/14/22]

Hooked • Harry Hook ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें