Insomnia is a Bitch

Somehow, at some point during the night, Bakugou ended up sleeping next to Kirishima. When he woke, he began squirming around for escape, but at the slight shift of Kirishima's arm slung over him, he stilled. He tried to remember how he had gotten there, then remembered the nightmare he experienced. A faint memory drifted into his mind as he replayed all his thoughts from only 20 minutes before, jumbled into a single amalgamation and jacked up with steroids. He was sweating, but shivering too. He worked it out that he crawled in, not wanting to be alone, but now that the blonde needed to get up anyway, he almost wished he hadn't. Though he tried, getting himself up proved to be a strenuous task, as he was wedged between the wall and Kirishima. Bakugou sighed, not minding much the position he was in, but the lack of comfort that came with being drenched in sweat was a growing concern when his quirk came into play. Checking the alarm clock by Kirishima's bed, a glowing red light read "5:56". With a puff of annoyance, Bakugou sat up. Kirishima's alarm would go off at 6:00 am. The bastard woke up too fucking early.

With a great amount of effort, and some embarrassing maneuvering, Bakugou managed to escape the warm cocoon that was Kirishima's bed. He assumed the redhead wouldn't mind him using his shower, but Bakugou felt more welcome in his own dorm room. Once he reached the seemingly unachievable room from his probably fifteen minute shamble across five feet of carpet, he found his dorm room, stiff and cold; how he left it a few hours prior.

Looking into the abyss that was his bathroom, he felt hazy, as though blood was drained out of him right at that moment. Braving the frigid temperature, Bakugou stripped, locked the door on his way in, and turned on the water, rotating the temperature handle until it was scorching hot. He set his water to the hottest it could get; so hot it immediately started turning his skin a disturbing shade of pink. It was okay, he would only be in there for a little while.

Hot water was probably what kept him sane most of the time.

Whenever his punishments weren't enough, he would add scalding water to it all, and his spell was fulfilled.

After a while, Bakugou stopped counting the minutes he was in the shower. He would probably make himself sick if he did. He came back to his thoughts when the ash blonde heard a voice calling three muffled syllables he recognized as his name. When he decided his time in the shower was enough, he came out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. Bakugou saw his room was darker, as if there was something blocking the light from the hallway. Soon, he discovered why that was. He spotted Kirishima standing at his doorway, dismay painted across his entire body. Bakugou could see that the redhead jumped awake, thoughts in disarray when he realized Bakugou wasn't still there.

The redhead's posture only shifted into a more relaxed position after he had found Bakugou safe, though completely drenched with only a towel covering him. Bakugou gave the stink eye.

"I can shower without being monitored, can't I?" He sneered tiredly.

"Could feel the steam from next door. Yer water is too damn hot," Kirishima replied, exasperated.

Bakugou didn't respond. He had no energy to fight Kirishima on that. With how much the bastard worried, Bakugou shouldn't have expected any different to come from his mouth. Call him a hypocrite, but he did enjoy knowing that Sharkboy cared enough to comment on even the smallest things. He seemed like he was the only one who cared.

"S'nothing," Bakugou commented, shrugging apathetically. That earned him a glare from Kirishima.

He didn't really have a clue what was going on in Kirishima's head, only that he worried way too much for an early morning shower. Though who knows, he could be afraid of Bakugou going missing again, or off on one of his spells as usual. If Bakugou asked, he knew Kirishima would give him an honest answer. He opened his mouth with the question on his tongue when he immediately was given a silent response. Kirishima shook his head "no", and Bakugou got the message.