Chapter Four

A man, clad in a velvet waistcoat, bent down, and picked up a rose that had fallen from its branch.

"Odd" he whispered. This was the first time that a rose had fallen in this garden.

A man younger looking man, stood behind him. "Lord Cassian, someone probably cut it off, I'll get to the bottom of it." He said.

He shook his head before standing. "These flowers are immortal, if they're dying it means it's time is up."

"What do you mean?"

"Simply put, the owner of the garden has arrived."

"You do not mean-"

Cassian, nodded before he looked up at the sky. "The King is finally here"

"Do you no longer fear me that you refuse to acknowledge my presence?"

Cassian chuckled as heard the familiar voice and when the turned back, he saw his master, Arzhel, the King of Vampires.

"Forgive me sire." Cassian said before he knelt down and bowed. The other man there, widened his eyes in shock before he knelt down.

Arzhel, stood in the middle of the garden and smiled. There was every reason for them to be surprised. Asides the fact that he had been gone for centuries, now that he had arrived, he was covered in blood.

"You are forgiven"

Cassian, stood up and looked at his King. He looked different. Asides the fact that blood was all over his body, he looked slimmer, his usually short white hair was now extremely long and his silver eyes, looked weary. He shook his head, that wasn't what made him different. The difference was the he had suffered, he had been broken.

"If I may be bold to speak, why are you drenched in blood?"

Arzhel, chuckled as he looked at his bare chest that was covered in blood. "I was simply paying back what I owed." The thoughts of the people screaming as he ripped their necks made him smile.

"Oh, what a hassle. You must have really been bored locked up there for centuries."

Arzhel, smiled but not at brightly as before. He turned his head and saw that the other man in the garden was still on his knees. "What is your name?"

"Davian, my King"

"You may rise."

Davian stood up but kept his head bowed. It wasn't as if he did not want to look at the face of his King but, he could not. It was as though there was a force, emitting from him, a power that pushed away the weak. He quivered in fear, so this was what real terror looked like.

Cassian chuckled as he looked at the boy he was training. "Your stares Arzhel, are pushing him on the ground, literally."

Arzhel, laughed before he diminished his powers. When he was done, he looked at them. "Done. Now I seem no different than an ordinary man."

Davian, breathed in relief before he finally looked at him. He was taken aback by the beauty and gentleness of the King's face, it was different from what he had been told.

"Don't let a fly in your mouth." Cassian teased.

Arzhel snorted as Cassian's words. "Don't bully the child you fly."

"Fly? You bastard!"

"How dare you call me a bastard!"

"How dare you call me a fly?"

"You..."

Davian, looked back and forth from Lord Cassian to the King as they threw insults at each other.