Chapter Eight

"Tell me Koa, how dare you hold my beloved as though she is yours?"

Lol, scoffed as he looked at Arzhel, the King of vampires.

"How are you certain she is your beloved? She is merely a human girl."

Arzhel, laughed as he leaned back on the chair he sat on. "I have lived far longer than you, do not take me for a fool you pup."

Koa, squeezed his hand and felt the urge to punch him to death but he refrained himself. If he went against the King of vampires, it would mean war. He was not ready for that, yet.

"You have just broken free of your shackles and the first thing you do is terrorize innocent people? Typical of you." Koa said with obvious disgust.

"At least I'm not kissing ass with that witch you sleep around with."

"I had no idea you were curious of whom I bedded."

"Only when the same witch tried to kill me"

"Did she really? I don't recall giving her such orders" Koa said sarcastically.

Arzhel, smirked and stared at him cruelly. "I have her head in case you're interested, maybe it can serve some purpose to you."

"Is that what you intend to do with that human girl? Make her one of your sex slaves?" Koa taunted him.

Arzhel, looked at the fire that was supposed to keep the room warm but the coldness which came from both sides, rendered it useless. 

"Do not provoke me, Wolf."

"Do not interfere, Vampire. You cannot force that shitty prophecy down her throat."

"I'm not forcing anything. If I wanted to, I'd have taken her from the moment I was free."

Koa looked at him suspiciously. "Why didn't you?"

"Because I am not a barbarian like you. I do not take under the pretext of saving."

Koa, shut his eyes and pushed back the boiling anger. "It seems we won't sign the treaty afterall. Surely wolves and vampires cannot be friends."

Arzhel laughed at his words. "Surely you jest? You destroyed that chance once you stole what was mine. I have no desire to form any bond with you. I merely came to observe, fate is just on my side."

Fate?

Koa scoffed at the word. He didn't believe in fate, it was merely a delusion. "We shall see how fate continues this story."

Arzhel stood up and turned away. "The next time we meet, it will be on the battle field, be prepared."

Koa, burned with fury as he watched Arzhel walk away. He hated the fact that he couldn't do anything as much as he wanted to. He knew as the Alpha, he was beyond powerful but compared to the King of Vampires, who had claimed the mountain of death, he was nothing.

He however, had another way to defeat him but it was only a matter of time. "Soon, I will have your head on my sword." He swore.

Koa, turned to look at his Gamma. "Tell everyone that from this moment onwards, the vampires are our sworn enemy and anyone found interacting with them, will be beheaded."

"Yes, Alpha."

***

"How did you escape from the magic circle?"

Ruelle, ignored June's question and her expression of shock. She pushed past her and went straight to where Eloise laid.

"What the hell did you give her?!" Ruelle snapped, once she saw the unconscious body of her sister.