✎45.

jaeyong

⟶back story

✧✦✧

We go up

  An orange ball with tougher surface and painted white lines bounced as the team captain got hold of it, leading the game. He looked around, searching for his yellow-dressed teammates and choosing the best option.

It was Sunday, the day when most of the people are usually relaxing at home, yet the hall was filled with students from two different schools which were now playing basketball against each other. The atmosphere was getting more and more tense, even cheerleaders weren't dancing anymore but watching the game with clenched fists instead. Today's game was important for all of them.

"Jaehyun!" Yugyeom, one of his friends and teammates, shouted making his presence visible for him to pass the ball. He was free after all, any player from their opponent team in his area preventing him from having free hands.

Jaehyun quickly threw the ball into his direction, running parallelly on the opposite side of the gym field. He swiftly got through all other players trying to shield him and immediately stretched out his arms. The game had to be quick, no hesitation, no slowing down and often his brain didn't process his decision as he did everything with vision and muscles. Yugyeom understood the tactic right away and threw him the ball back whereas Jaehyun aimed for the basket and did perfect throw in its direction.

The hall echoed loud horn followed by chanting and screaming. NCTAS, SM high school – 11:12, making them the leading team of the game for now. Jaehyun high-fived with Yugyeom, both of them smiling stupidly.

"Nice one captain JaeJae."

"That wasn't bad either Gyeom."

They laughed with their teammates, most of them panting even more because of it. Jaehyun ran his hand through his brown hair and observed his team with a familiar feeling in his chest. He was proud.

Before they could say more and get ready for the next round, sudden whistle cut them off. "Timeout!"

Their coach immediately motioned all of them to come to him whereas the boys started running in his direction, ready to listen to any plan he has. The game was still on and they shouldn't let their guards down, now even more. One wrong step and the score could change rapidly anytime.

Jaehyun nodded to himself, having encouraging thoughts to hype up a bit and turned around to follow Yugyeom only to run into someone else instead. That someone being a boy with brown hair and really big dark eyes, clearly coming from the other team as his t-shirt shone in green colour. Jaehyun widened his eyes. "Oh sorry."

"No, it's okay." The boy shook his head in a friendly manner. "By the way, that was a nice one." He nodded his head in the basket's direction and Jaehyun smiled, his dimples showing to the world around him. "Thanks. You didn't play bad either."

The boy wanted to talk more with him but before he could even think of an answer, Jaehyun's coach lost his patience and called for the team captain who seemed to be ignoring him. "Jaehyun what are you doing!"

Said boy jumped a bit before giving the stranger apologising look. "Oh, I have to go, see you around though." He showed his dimples once again and then quickly ran off to his team. The dark haired boy shrugged it off with a small smile playing on his lips and went to his own team to discuss their plan for the game.