Chapter 16.

"Oh, I had a dream that you couldn't hear me screaming
Trying to tell you everything but it wouldn't stop you leaving

I wanna wake up where your love is
'Cause your love is always waking mine
I wanna break down where your heart gets
So torn it's almost breaking mine
I wanna lay here, lost and bitter
So long, I feel like I could die
I wanna tell you what my truth is
But it's buried down inside"

**

I hadn't really known what to say back to Harry, the protocol in my life when someone says you hurt them is to say sorry.

I'm not really sure what to do with 'I know'.

I didn't expect an apology, but I didn't expect this either. If he knows he hurt me then why do it? I can't find it within myself to think he feels bad or remorseful about it.

Like he said, if something he does hurts someone that's their problem, so maybe he's just trying to sooth the pain I've put myself in.

This whole thing is making my head hurt.

He had stayed wrapped around me, hushing me as I tried to calm myself down, I felt embarrassed crying in front of him but I just couldn't help it. Alcohol does strange things to your emotions.

It makes me a little too honest, I can't keep my words or thoughts in my mouth, but you know what they say, a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts.

He eventually turned me around, smoothing his fingers over my cheeks to wipe away the dampness, bending his knees to crouch down so his eyes were level with mine "Don't cry love..." he murmurs, cupping my jaw as the pads of his thumbs stroke across my cheeks.

I'd managed to settle myself down to the occasional sniff and sharp inhale, my eyes feeling tired and burning from letting tears get the better of me.

I keep my eyes focused on his chest the whole time, doubting I have it in me to withstand him sucking me straight back in all over again.

He pulls me to him, threading his arms back around my waist and I scrunch my nose up as my cheek presses against his damp shirt.

I don't register until it happens that he snakes his hands up the back of my sweatshirt, un-clasping my bra and pulling it out from my sweater to drop on the ground.

He pulls his face back to look down at me, his lips pulling into a soft smile "See, I told you I wouldn't look"

I blink up at him with red eyes, and my the corners of my lips lift, giving him a somber but thankful smile.

His lips press together flatly, as he let's out another deep sigh "I don't like when you look at me like that"

Oh....okay.

I frown, darting my eyes back down to look at his chest and he sighs again, pressing his lips to my forehead "I meant I don't like it when you look so sad, I preferred it when you were angry"

I lift and drop my shoulders, speaking softly "Give it five minutes, I'm sure you'll do something to piss me off"

He brings his hands up to cup my face, pulling it back to look down at me with an amused smile.

"Really, five minutes? I think I could do it in two" he says confidently, as his smile grows wider.

My lips crack into a genuine smile as I laugh "Yeah, I guess I was being too generous"

He pats my cheeks gently, looking pleased with the laugh he managed to drag out of me "Come on, let's get your pants on"

He pauses, lifting his brows and chuckles under his breath "I never pictured myself saying that to you"