Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

Clint managed to grab an hour of sleep after calling Fury letting him know that he'd successfully made contact with Paige. Fury wanted her brought to the Triskelion the next day to meet with him. With a sigh, he pulled on a white tee-shirt and grabbed his black sweatshirt by the door.

He grabbed a sandwich from the Subway quietly before rejoining Steve and Paige in the other apartment. All he wanted was to see Lucky. As much as he was glad to have gotten back into missions, Clint wanted to head back to his home. He wanted everything behind him.

Steve opened the door to the apartment a minute after Clint knocked. He nodded to him quietly, letting the archer enter the room. "Any news on what to do with Paige?"

Clint nodded back at him, walking into the living area where Paige sat playing on her cellphone. When she saw Clint, she put the phone down. She waited expectantly.

"Nick Fury wants you to come with us to the Triskelion tomorrow. That's the big building on the Theodore Roosevelt Island." Clint walked over to the far side of the couch and sat on a separate arm chair nearer to the TV. After turning it on, he looked back over at Paige. "He's the Director of Shield and I report directly to him. He'll give you some idea of what Shield can offer you."

Paige hummed to herself. "Fair enough. I'll see what he has to say. After four years living on the streets and out of stolen cars I was starting to miss good amenities anyways. And you guys get paid, right?"

Steve chuckled. "Yeah, we do. But we also do good work, which you could probably help with."

"You'd need real training first. You're powerful with the magic stuff, but your hand-to-hand needs work." Clint looked her over. "Can you shoot a gun?"

Paige frowned in confusion. "What's the point? I can conjure fire just by thinking about it."

"You never know. Most powers can be neutralized one way or another." Clint shrugged, flipping through channels. He ended up watching a soccer match. As he started watching the game, turned back to Paige. "I assume you'd rather sleep in a safe apartment building than the streets tonight? The safehouse downstairs has an extra bedroom you're welcome to."

"Plus he provides coffee," Steve joked as he sat down next to Paige on the couch to watch the game. "If he can spare any."

Clint grinned. "That's a big if."

"And I doubt he has cream or sugar," added Steve quickly. He picked up a sketch pad from the side table to his left and began sketching something.

Clint looked at him in disgust. "Why would anyone put that crap in coffee? It's already perfect as it is."

Laughter erupted from Paige. "I saw you drinking it black earlier."

"Yeah! It's the only way," he insisted.