Chapter Eleven: Movie Day and Magic

Start from the beginning

'I fear something of Gigantica will come forth to do some damage to their home.' She thought to herself, sitting back down. She looked at her many books of alchemy, then over to a cabinet, where she keeps some magic wands, amulets, stones and crystals, and other such devices of magical properties. 'I don't know why, but I think they'll have their chance...'

~*~*~

Back at the Martin home, Diana was currently in the barn, or rather, 'her' barn, waiting for Braedey to arrive

Back at the Martin home, Diana was currently in the barn, or rather, 'her' barn, waiting for Braedey to arrive. He told her that they could watch some movies before he has to go back to school in a few days, and Diana liked the idea of seeing a movie. She had heard of them from Jessie, and from what the younger Martin sibling said, the giantess really wanted to see one.

About two moments later, Braedey arrived inside the barn, with a screen projector in his hand, a large white tarpaulin in the other, whilst there's a handful of DVD's and a laptop were in a bag on his back.

"Hey, Diana. Are you ready to watch some movies?" Braedey asked the giantess.

"Yep. I'll help set it up." Diana picked up the tarpaulin from Braedey, and sets it up against the barn door, creating a large screen to play the projector on. "Right. So, we have our screen." She turned around, and saw Braedey on the second floor, setting up the laptop and the projector, all of it ready to play. "And we have our movie."

"But the question is; which movie do you want to watch?" Braedey pulls out a selection of movies from the bag, all of them looking very interesting and funny, whilst others looked interesting and action-packed.

Diana looked at the selection of films, looking at all of them, and thinking about what they could be like

Diana looked at the selection of films, looking at all of them, and thinking about what they could be like. At first, she was hesitant on the three 'Cars' films, since she has never seen something like a vehicle with eyes and a mouth on it, but when she saw the 'Monsters VS Aliens' movie, she thought she could sense a connection with the white-hair giantess on the cover. And when she saw the two 'Scooby-Doo' movies, plus the first two 'Toy Story' films, she could tell they're pretty cool and fun.

Diana, being very careful, used her pinky finger to gently point to the 'Monsters VS Aliens' movie. "Let's watch that one first, if you don't mind, Braedey." She suggested to him. "So, I can see what there is, and plus, I kinda like the lady in the image."

Braedey looked at the DVD cover and smiled, then looked to Diana. "Funny you should say that, because she almost had a bad wedding day like you."

"Really?" Diana raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"You'll see." Braedey smiled, then prepared the movie to watch. "Plus, you too are somewhat alike."

"Well, let's watch." Diana announced.

~*~*~

Throughout the afternoon, both Braedey and Diana watched all of the DVDs the former brought along, and the giantess had been introduced to a completely new perspective of other worlds and entertainment on Earth. Plus, she was deeply entranced and amazed by all the effects, settings, characters, and plot of each film.

With the 'Monsters VS Aliens' movie, she felt her soul be lifted, when she saw Susan turn into a giantess on her wedding day, and destroy the church by accident. It seems almost like the same way when she ran out of the church in Gigantica. Plus, she didn't really like Derek at all. She really liked B.O.B, along with Dr. Cockroach, and even enjoyed some of the fight scenes. The touching moments nearly made her cry, but she didn't. Overall, she really liked the movie as a whole.

Next up, she and Braedey watched the first two live-action 'Scooby-Doo' movies. Diana really liked the characters and all the funny moments throughout the film, but mostly, she liked Scooby, and how cute he acted, but she liked how he was fearless in the end. She really liked this one, but not as much as the 'Monsters VS Aliens' movie.

Finally, the two took a little break, before they continued on, and watched the 'Cars' trilogy. Diana was rather fascinated and amazed by the many types of cars and personalities there were, and liked the messages that were there in the story and the plot. Personally, she liked Mater and Lightning, and even liked Luigi and Guido. Braedey told her that his favourite cars were both The King and McQueen.

~*~*~

With Jessie, she was doing some drawings of Diana with her and Braedey in her bedroom, the pictures looking 2D instead of 3D. Sure, she was only 9 years old, so her drawing would be crude but interesting.

As she works on putting in some colour into her pictures, she heard a knocking coming from the bedroom door. Jessie stood up from the table in her and Braedey's bedroom, walked to the door and opened, and saw Naomi standing at the doorway.

"Hey, Mum." Jessie greeted. "What's up?" She asked.

"Have you seen Braedey?" Naomi asked. "I haven't seen him for most of the day. I was hoping you know where he might be."

Jessie cupped her chin in thought, then had an idea. "I think he might be in the barn with Diana, but who knows?" She shrugged to her. "Besides, I think he's showing her some movies to watch."

"Maybe." Naomi then remembered something. "Oh! Jessie, Karen wanted to talk to you in her room." She told her.

"Okay." Jessie soon began to skip her way to her big sister's room, whilst Naomi headed off to the barn.

As the Martin mother walked over to the barn, she could hear some music playing from inside. Being quiet, she walked over to the door, opened it, then she saw both Diana and Braedey were fast asleep, the latter sleeping on top of the former's ample chest.

Naomi then noticed the tarpaulin 'screen', and saw it was playing the bloopers scene for 'Toy Story 2'. She smiled to herself. 'Guess he has introduced her to some of his favourite movies.' She thought to herself, making her way up to the second floor, picked up a blanket, and covered Braedey with it, without waking the two up from their slumber. With that, she headed back inside the house, leaving the two to sleep together.

When Naomi walked back into the house, she could then hear laughter coming from upstairs. She made her way upstairs, then could see the door to Karen's bedroom was opened slightly. She looked inside the room, and saw both Karen and Jessie were both playing with some dolls from the latter's bedroom.

Naomi smiled gently, seeing her two daughters playing together, and not Karen being snobby and her face locked into her phone. 'Things are definitely changing around us.' The Martin mother thought to herself, then headed off downstairs to do some cooking.

But, unbeknown to anyone around the Martin family, something is bound to happen...