Chapter 15 - Peter's Point of View

(Peter's POV)

I crawled out of the sewers and hid in an alley. Then once I was sure no one could see me, I pulled off my mask and wrung all the sewer water out if it. My chest hurt like hell, I can thank Dr. Connors for that. I needed to get help, but I just can't go waltzing into a hospital, they'd ask how I got this wound. Explaining to them that I am Spider-Man would get me arrested for sure. Same goes for Aunt May, who knows how she'd react if she discovered what I was doing. Belle was my other option but she's still mad with me, so she's out of the question. Think, Peter, think.

"That's it!" I shouted out. "Gwen, she can help me." I said to myself. Long story short, I had recently told her I was Spider-Man because I needed to talk to someone about Belle. Gwen then of course told me that she was hoping that Belle and I would make up and date already. She only knew because I had to tell her why Belle was mad at me, which led to me explaining how I was Spider-Man.

-------------

I had just reached the twentieth floor of Gwen's building, completely exhausted and in pain. I banged my head on her window twice. She turned around and came over to the window, opening it.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. I hopped in through the window as best I could but it hurt a lot.

"I need some help." I answered. "She noticed the wound on my chest and her hand instantly flew to her mouth.

"Oh my god." She whispered. "Let m-" Gwen started but was interrupted.

"Hey Gwen, honey? Do you want cocoa? Howard's making some cocoa." Her father called from the hallway. Gwen held up a finger to her mouth and walked over to her door. She opened the door and poked her head out.

"No dad I do not want some cocoa. Honestly I'm seventeen years old." Gwen scoffed.

"Ok I just thought I remembered somebody saying last week that her fantasy was to live in a chocolate house." Her dad continued. I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing.

"Well that's impractical." Gwen shut her door then reopened it. "And fattening." She added and shut the door again. She looked over at me. I still was trying not to laugh.

"Chocolate house?" I asked with a smirk. Gwen made a face in response. She opened her door slowly.

"Sorry dad," she began to apologize.

"It's good." He tried to persuade her.

"I just, I can't um, have cocoa right now cause I'm working. I'm doing this uh, I have the, I have cramps." Gwen stumbled over her words as she thought of an excuse. "I feel kinda puky and I don't know just sorta emotional, like I keep crying. It's brutal. You don't wanna know, its like bad."

"Got it."

"Thanks daddy."

"Alright." Gwen shut her door again. I finally laughed not being able to contain it any longer.

"Oh shut it, do you want help or not?" I immediately stopped laughing. "That's what I thought. I'll be right back. You should probably take your shirt off so it doesn't infect the wound." Gwen mentioned before leaving the room. I removed the top part of my of my suit and hung it on the window sill. The door opened and I assumed it was Gwen returning.

"Pe-Peter?" I jumped and turned around at the sound of that voice. Why didn't Gwen say she was here?

"Annabelle!" She walked over to me. I'm not upset but a little warning would've been nice.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. She started to blush. "And without a shirt?" She added, backing up slightly.

"I came here for help from Gwen, since you were angry with me, I couldn't go to you." I said.

"She knows you're Spider-Man?" I nodded. I really hoped this wouldn't ruin their friendship "But why do you need help?" She asked and then looked at my chest. "Oh." I nodded again. "Wait where's Gwen?" She asked looking around the room.

"She went to get a wet face cloth or something." I said quietly. We stood there in silence. I slowly got closer to Belle again. She looked up at me and I looked down at her. I leaned in slowly toward her face. Is she going to back away again? When my lips were a few centimeters from hers I stopped, waiting to see if she would back away. She didn't. I closed the gap between us letting my lips meet hers. At first she didn't kiss back and I began to worry. But then after a second she kissed me back. I smiled into the kiss. Belle pulled away after a minute. She kissed me and didn't push away. "I love you." I whispered and then mentally cursed myself for saying that out loud. The last thing I need to do is push her away even more. She looked up at me again.

"I..." The door swung open.

"Peter, I got a fa-" Gwen stopped when she saw us. "I'm sorry, I never said anything about knowing." Gwen said.

"It's fine." Belle muttered.

"Peter I got a face cloth and some bandages for your wound." Gwen explained. Belle walked away,  sat on Gwen's bed and picked up a book. It was like she was ignoring the fact that I was even here.

--------------

"Thanks, Gwen. I'll see you later." I said. I looked over at Belle and she looked at me. "Bye Annabelle."

"Bye." She said and looked down at the book. I sighed and hopped out the window, heading home. I reached my house quickly and managed to sneak in without being caught. I went into my room and switched out of my Spider-Man suit to something more comfortable. I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. The moment between Belle and I kept replaying in my head. What was she going to say after I told her I love her? Was she she going to say 'I don't love you', 'I don't know' or 'I love you'? Do I ask her? I enjoyed the kiss, I only hope Belle did too. I love her, I really do. This isn't some stupid crush, that only lasts a couple weeks. I'm in love. I'm in love with Annabelle Louise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A NEW CHAPTER ALREADY?! WHO AM I AND WHAT HAVE I DONE WITH KAI?! THATS RIGHT IM NOT KAI MUAHH!

JK! I AM KAI!

Eh not much of a chapter, but it's something at least.

By the way I'm half a sleep right now so if there are mistakes, now you know why. I'll fix it tomorrow.

It was so weird writing Peter's POV instead of AnnaBelle's POV. I got bored of doing it in her POV and decided to switch things up. The next chapter will be her POV again don't worry.

Anywho only 4 more chapters left of this book! How sad!

See ya soon!

~Kai