Staying Together

Staying together was not hard. Not when they knew each other like the palm of their hands for a better part of their life.

However, there were things that changed. Like, how Kanwar does not have rigid morning workout schedules which he used to follow with ferour. They were self set and he pridedj in all of it. Now he just had some gym time and looked fit like a god. He does not go out at all unless it is official duty. He does not have his old set of friends, all of whom Eka hated but still they were Kanwar's friends.

Kanwar noticed that Eka was guarded now. He used to be so open and carefree that he could read him like a book. He can still read Eka but the openness was gone. He used to look so fragile. Now he looked stronger and more powerful.

Eka turned and looked at Kanwar who was looking at him and flushed.

"What happened?" asked Eka.

"I was wondering, you look so different," said Kanwar.

Eka looked at him.

"Time changes people. I guess I became stronger when I was not living in a protected bubble without you to jump at anyone who dares to look at me the wrong way," said Eka.

Kanwar looked at him.

"Can I kiss you?" asked Kanwar.

Eka nodded.

Kanwar kissed Eka, their lips melding. Eka felt himself being pressed against Kanwar's hard chest and he gripped the man's arms. The kiss was chaste and it was sweet. It was all the pain that was in them.

Kanwar looked at Eka and pressed his face firmly to Eka's. Eka looked at the man.

"Are you not angry at me? I expected you to lash out by now?" asked Kanwar.

"I was not angry," said Eka.

And that was what Kanwar always feared. That Eka was not angry but sad.

"A little angry, yes but sad, I guess," said Eka.

Kanwar kissed him again. Eka gasped as Kanwar kissed him deeper. Then he pecked on the side of his lip lovingly.

Eka looked at him.

"Don't show those lips now to Uncle Ethan, he will kill me," said Kanwar.

Eka was amused.

"Dad should know I am a big boy now and married too," said Eka.

Both looked at each other. The word 'married' was the elephant in the room.

"Were you willing would be a pointless question I guess," said Kanwar.

Eka snorted.

"Yes, It wouldn't have worked if either of us were not willing,"said Eka.

Kanwar runs his hand through Eka's face. Eka let's him.

Eka's lips quirked. Because Kanwar loved to pinch his cheeks. Kanwar did just that and Eka laughed throwing his head back and then hugged him not wanting the man to see his face because he was kind of crying then.

"I will shave if you want," blurted Eka.

Kanwar looked at him.

"Shave when you want to," said Kanwar and touched the rough patch of Eka's hair.

"I can't believe I lived these many years without you here," said Kanwar.

Eka looked at him.

"I can't say I am sorry for walking away. I was only your cousin who did not know to even defend himself or open a door for himself because you were always there. If I had bit walked away, I would have died of pain," said Eka.

"And things with them would have stayed the same till I came off age," said Kanwar, his voice low.

"I still don't understand why you left them and chased after me," said Eka looking away.

"I- I never thought you would leave my side,"said Kanwar.

Eka gave a sad smile.

"I never thought you would leave mine either," said Eka.

Kanwar wishes he had a time turner. He wishes he could go back to that day years ago when he decided that Eka had way too much power over him.

Eka ran in and jumped on his bed. Kanwar turned and raised an eyebrow.

"What's it?" he asked as he got up from his table and walked over to Eka.

Eka scowled.

"Nothing. Just the pack boys being bitches," said Eka pulling Kanwar's comforter over him and settling himself against his pillow. Kanwar was amused. Eka did this when he was really upset. He was also furious at those who teased Eka. He sat on the bed and took Eka's hand. Eka sobbed as he latched onto him, placing his hand around Kanwar's stomach, still laying on the bed. Kanwar was beyond angry at this point. He let Eka fall asleep. He was very fragile and Kanwar was going to let him rest for sometime before he deals with it.

Kanwar sighed as he laid down and pulled Eka up and closer. Eka looked at him and smiled adorably before he cuddled closer.

Next morning, Kanwar stirred when he heard a knock on the door.

"Yes dad," called Kanwar.

Iker was smiling broadly as he walked in. He sat down on the bed. Eka was fast asleep. Iker moved the hair from Eka's face and dropped a kiss on his forehead.

"What happened yesterday? Did Uncle say anything?" asked Kanwar.

"They were teasing him calling him a pussy and all and demeaning his omega status," said Iker.

Kanwar almost growled and his wolf eyes shined. Iker calmed him by hugging him close.

"No, let him sleep. Atrey was saying he did not sleep well at all," said Iker.

"Iker" they both rolled their eyes with a smile at that.

Avadh wanted Iker near him all the time.

"Go on, your baby number one is calling," smirked Kanwar.

"Shut up, you know how much I treasure it," said Iker and gave him a peck on his hair and left.

Kanwar smiled. He hope to have the sort of love his parents share one day and he looked at Eka. He knows everyone thinks Eka is his mate. But, Kanwar doesn't think so. He will miss Eka and hate to see him go off with his Alpha some day.

Eka was too frail to be a King's mate.

"What are you thinking about?" asked Eka as he shook Kanwar who broke from his reverie and looked at Eka who was in his arms and almost laughed out at his 16 year old stupid self. How wrong and stupid he was!