The Past

"Uncle Eka is here," the kid wolf was now back to his human form as he rushed back in having found one of his missing uncles. They had dragged them away after incapacitating them.

Kanwar ran in and saw his Eka unconscious, silver covering him.

He took Arth in one arm as he touched Eka and the mate magic was absorbing all the silver into Kanwar's blood. Silver never affects the King. 

The family link had been frozen because of some magic around the house which made it impossible to communicate through mind link once inside it. So, it had taken them some time, but he knew Eka will be fine. He is very strong.

------------------

Arth wiggled out and turned back into his wolf form and ran back to his parents who were both panicking as they looked around unable to see him.

Arth dodged and ran out the window and found Clement struggling to follow the trail as he was being held back by the wolves.

Arth jumped on them and gnarled their face and eyes.

"Go, Clem, Gooo!" said Arth as he turned back into the boy form and then Clem saw Magnus coming through the door and sighed and ran.

Arth turned and saw his dad and ran to him.

Magnus took his son in his arms as he hugged him tightly.

"I told them you would come and kill them all," said Arth knowingly and Jana groaned as he walked in.

"You did'? Did you? And they did not chop away your stupid head?" asked Jana, teasingly and then hugged his baby tightly. Arth patted on Jana's head.

"We are sorry. We shoulda listened to you," said Arth with a lisp, his one arm around Magnus' shoulder.

"Yeah, we are sorry for being so irresponsible and hurting you," said Magnus.

Jana just hugged them tighter.

"Jeev, we need to get to them," said Magnus then.

"Yeah, nodded Jana and then they ran in the direction of the wood.

Magnus and Jana could feel their worry for all who were with the healers and Jeev who has no way of getting to a healer anytime soon.

"Arth, we need you to go back to Uncle Pran. He will take you home," said Magnus.

"But-" pouted Arth.

"Pran," called Magnus and Pran came out with Tim.

"Both of you go back with Arth," said Magnus handing over Arth to Tim with a firm hand on Arth's shoulder, asking him to not break out into a tantrum.

"But- started Tim.

"Ira will panic. Now!," said Magnus and then looked at Pran. Both nodded and Pran took Eka with him along with Ivory and France. The silver was gone from his body. So he only needed some rest now.

Kanwar came out and soon joined them on the path to reach Jeev and Clement.

------------------------------------------------

The healer was tending to him. Jeev knew this. The arrow was being removed. But he did not feel at ease.

Silvio. It was Silvio, Jeev was sure. Even when half dead with the silver arrow in his body, he knows it is Silvio. Next to him was his rogue or the rogue turned mate. He wouldn't put it past them to do something bad to him.

"Are you scared Jeev?" asked Silvio, mockery covering his voice as he asked that.

Jeev snorted and god did it hurt as the arrow was still lodged in him.

"Don't worry we are not going to kill you, but we are not going to remove the arrow either. You are in stasis and a very good bargaining chip if you ask me," sneered Silvio's mate Slavic.

"I am worried about you and your pack when my Alpha finds you," sneered Jeev.

"Don't tell me you don't love me anymore. I was your mate, I am even now, I guess?" sneered Silvio.

"Tell Slavic that. Ask him how he feels about it, being the second option," sneered Jeev. He did not care. He knows he will not die. He will survive this for his Clement. He will not let his Alpha break. He has to survive this for the man.

"Clement Mantini is my mate and, let me tell you, Silvio, you are not worthy to even be the dirt that sticks to the sole of his shoe. You will never be the man Clement Mantini is and let us be very honest, I am not your mate. Slavic is. Suits us all just fine too and don't pretend as if it matters, it doesn't to me. Now, get to your point," said Jeev, the pain was still there, but he was not going to keep his mouth shut and listen to the ridicule.

 And then he could feel it, his mate, he can smell him and Jeev sighed.

"My Alpha will make you beg for your lives," said Jeev.

Silvio looked up as an Alpha rushed in. It meant the fifty wolves on guard were no more and the wolf was powerful which was evident. Then it turned to a man, who looked menacing as he rushed over to Jeev who was in the bed. The man smelled like how Jeev smelled now. So this is his mate, the third Mantini brother- Clement Mantini.

Clement looked up at Silvio and it was as if he could read Silvio. They jumped on each other as Slavic tried to go for Jeev and try and blackmail Clement. But he bounced off and then Slavic realised what it was and looked at Clement and then at Silvio.

Clement has evoked the Mate guard which was guarding Jeev. It is impenetrable for anyone other than Jeev. Only ultimate devotion and undeterred love and affection from both part will make a mate capable of giving the safeguard and a mate capable of taking it.

They were wrong-footed and he knew it. Silvio sensed it through their bond link. They will have to emotionally weaken Clement. 

"Does he still miss me?" asked Silvio.

"Loved me a lot you know. He would hug me and sleep. But a prude, would not let me touch him. Well good too because I got my Slavic. But you tell me, did you get your Jeev?" asked Silvio.

Clement laughed.

"If you think you can make me doubt if I have my Jeev after I was able to guard him with our mate bond, then you are a fool," said Clement.

There was a commotion and more wolves ran in. Clement rolled his eyes. As if he didn't know it was a tactic.

Clement fought them hard. He could feel his family through the link.

"Baba, we need a healer here," Clement spoke to Avadh through the link.

"On our way, the others are recovering, hold on," said Avadh.

He could hear Iker's question through the family bond.

"Dad, he is fine or he will be," said Clement.

-----------------------

Clement saw his brothers and brother in laws. There were hundreds of wolves attacking. It was not easy but they were making enemies out of the wrong Alpha's. Silvio was ready with a silver dagger when Clement's focus wavered to Jeev and everyone outside shrieked "Clement".

Clement turned only to see Avadh standing there between him and Silvio and for the first time, Silvio actually looked scared.

"King-" mumbled Silvio and Slavic froze when he felt Iker's weapon pressed closer to his neck.

The royal healers reached Jeev. Clement rushed over and released the wards and soon the healers started tending to the wound which the other healer had not even touched.

Jeev's body jerked and everyone froze. He fell back and there was a deafening silence. Clement let out a howl which pierced the woods and there was fire in the eyes of Avadh and Iker.

-------------------------