# 1 - NamJin

Writer: ‘Remdále’

VACANT SEAT ;
#royalewattpad
namjin | slice of life, romance i guess

note : a quite long and a boring story, so thank you for the effort in advance if you ever make it ‘til the end hehe

“What the heck, Mom? God, this is ridiculous.” Jin starts to massage his forehead using his thumb and index finder as a sign of embarrassment, as he heard her mother sobbing loud from the phone. He averts his attention afterwards of the outside through the window since he’s inside a bus, waiting for the other passengers to fill in the seats of the said transportation vehicle.

“You can’t blame me! Even if I told you that I'll definitely support your dreams, I just can’t help but to miss my only son.” Dramatic sobs are still bothering Jin’s mind yet he just sighed, he was used to it after all. What a great family he has.

“It’s not like I’ll be gone forever! Just- stop crying, mom. Let me talk to Dad for a second.” The frustrated son pleaded, and immediately heard his father’s voice.

“I know your mom’s annoying, kid- but ‘ya know, just understa– Am not annoying!” Jin can’t help but to smile while argument of his parents become a melody in his both ears. Sure, they’re crackheads, but he loves them so much.

Long story short, he said his goodbye for the last time before ending the call. Little did he know, the seat beside him is the only one vacant; just imagine a numerous mathematical equation appears in front of his handsome face. “Don’t they want to sit beside this handsome man?”

After 2 minutes of being quite the confused entity, a tall man wearing a mask and a cap grabbed his attention. Expected that, that person will be the one to sit near him.

But the reason why he was quite stunned because of the person’s clothes. “His fashion really reminded me of someone.” Jin uttered on his mind.

He then transferred his gaze to the outside of the window, thinking that his seat-mate will arrest him anytime for staring at him too long.

When everyone starts to feel the bus’ movement, Jin quickly plugged his earbuds to his phone and to his both ears, and starts listening to his favorite artist’s work of art.

But listening to it alone is quite boring; so being the friendly he was, he points the arms of his seat mate using his index and immediately offers his other bud. On the other hand, his seat-mate is puzzled by his actions, but he just take it since Jin’s the one who offered.

And the tall man froze, realizing the song he’s listening right now, reason for Jin’s brows to become furrowed.

“I know that my music taste is really awful but-“ The mysterious man shook his head in a flash, telling the one near the window that his reaction is not the same as Jin’s interpretation.

“What do you mean... by that?” Jin questioned after not getting a verbal response from his seat mate.

The anonymous guy remained silent, but he finally replied, through sign language. Jin could read what the gestures meant.

“Ah, so you can hear me, but you can’t speak?” He nodded and Jin did the same. Certain things just popped up in Jin’s mind so he began scanning his things inside his bag, still listening to the music, until he found it and gave to his seat mate.

“Write want you want to say in the notebook. I would like to hear your opinions or questions about the songs you’re listening right now.” Jin showed a wide smile, staring at the guy who’s now holding the notebook and the pen he handed over. The tall man gazes the empty pages first, before finally starting on what he ‘should’ write.

"Why are you listening to this kind of music?' He reads what is written on the paper. “Oh, actually most of the people ask me that kind of question. At first, I don’t hesitate spitting my swears at them- like, there’s nothing wrong with my music taste. To be honest, people nowadays just listen to what’s popular and not digging in deeper for the message hidden in the song. But now, if they don’t like RM’s masterpiece, I'll respect that, as long as they’ll respect his hardwork too.” Jin obviously loves to tell everything based on what people asks him, because there’s a certain RM song saying that ‘I believe my damn voice will one day be spread’.

“Hey- are you with me?” Jin noticed that the person besides him doesn’t paying attention anymore, but the guys confirms that he was listening through nodding and starts to write another thought.

“‘What’s with RM and he’s so special to you?’ Oh, am I that obvious?” He chuckled before continuing. “He’s my main reason why I am still urging to live. He makes me motivated every single day of my life. I don’t understand why people can’t appreciate him- I mean, I always thank him for being born- for having a talent to heal everyone with his words. So that’s why I am here inside the bus right now, because the entertainment he belongs is having an audition and I would want to give my best! If you just heard my mom’s disgusting sobs earlier, you can’t help but to facepalm too!” Jin began to laugh as soon as he mentioned his mother, and his seat mate just nodded before writing something again.

“‘What position will you audition for?’ Of course, Vocalist! Since RM is a rapper, I really dreamed of vocalizing with his voice, matching his melody, and even if the collaboration won’t happen- it’s okay, seeing him with my eyes will always be enough for me.”

Now playing : I Believe by RM

Many hours have passed, and so does the songs they’ve listened. Their conversation slowly became far from the original topic from which the both persons enjoyed either- like, ‘how do you like your eggs cooked in the morning?’.

Right now, Jin is just staring outside of the window while they still share the earbuds. Yes, he can be awarded for being best in talkative but his jaw can learn how to be tired too.

While the other guy, who is obviously silent, suddenly have something to write but on the last page of the notebook, which Jin noticed.

“What did you write?” He asked after seeing the anonymous man closed the notebook instead of showing it to him, but his seat mate just shrugged. Jin doesn’t mind either since he can read it when he gets it back.

After a few minutes, everyone’s alarmed by the conductor’s voice. “Is there anyone who will get off here?”

“Me! Wait a few second.” Jin later realized that the man beside him is the one who shouted.

“W-w-what’s going on- you can talk?!” He confronted the tall man, wide eyes open, but instead of hearing responses, the guy removes the other bud from his ear and returns the notebook and the pen to the owner.

And what made Jin left his mouth open is the guy slowly removes his mask and his cap, revealing his face, before mouthing ‘thank you so much’ and disappears in front of Jin’s eyes.

He immediately went out his head from the window to find him but he’s no longer seen anymore.

The bus starts to leave the place but Jin’s hyperventilation is still there. He noticed the notebook that he almost forgot and shakily went to the last page and... he was devastated.

The first thing he saw was RM’s signature, and afterwards, the message that says “I appreciate your admiration towards me. Hopefully, I'll be able to hear your melody in sync with mine, at Big Hit Entertainment. -RM.”.

His eyes become wide again, so much that had happened for this day. Suddenly, he leans back to his seat, grasping some energy- before he burst out.

“NO WAY!”

Meanwhile...

“Would you have your dinner here?” RM’s boss asked from the phone, and he chuckled.

“Of course, because there is something I would like to celebrate about.”

“Spill the beans. The vacation must have given you a fortunate moment.”

“Well, let’s just say, I met someone who could be a perfect match for my new album.”