❸ ; little universe

[ listen to the song above with headphones! it sounds like a live concert in your ears, and the song i've chosen fits the story well - it enhances the reading! ] 

(for -vanillahoney - to flex on them haters 👁👅👁)   

the stars really were beautiful. felix and jisung often spent hours underneath them, staring at them. it seemed like they were this otherworldly thing, when in reality the night sky was just above the dome - if only they could see it.

lately it seemed to felix that they weren't living in that dome - they were trapped.

'sungie?'

'yeah?'

'if you could leave here, would you?'

'you shouldn't ask those sorts of questions, lix, they're listening-'

'not anymore. i debugged my room. they can't spy on us in here.'

silence. but it was just the calm before the storm.

'felix!' he sat up from where they had been cuddling on the redhead's bed. 'i can't believe you. that's a major infraction. you could get in real trouble for this!' then he added, a little quieter, 'and, um, i don't want to lose you.'

the youngest's frown immediately softened. 'sunshine, you're not going to lose me. i was really careful, i promise.' he played with jisung's hair absent-mindedly. 'the scanners can't catch it, they can't catch it.'

jisung nodded, burying his head in his boyfriend's chest. he kept one eye open to look at the stars, at the way the milky dots burned a little brightness into a seemingly eternal canvas of night.

'hey, by the way, chan's starting a rebellion.'

the other boy simply sighed. 'are you joining?' bang chan was felix's older brother who always seemed to find ways to get into trouble.

'maybe, if you joined.'

'no. lixie, it's too dangerous. you could die. and what about our families?'

'but it would be worth it, wouldn't it? to see what it's like outside, to finally be free. don't you want to see the stars? just once?'

'yeah, maybe. for now i'm happy with our little universe,' the navy-haired boy said, jerking his head towards the ceiling with the slightest of smiles.

'me too.'