Part 4

Part 4

This Part is in flashback

Arnav looked at the caller id and cut the call; Khushi looked at him and then looked down at her plate. His phone rang again, Khushi 'you should take the call'

Arnav 'no it is fine'

Khushi 'take the call Arnav maybe it is urgent looking at the caller ringing again and again in every second after not seeing you answering the call'

Arnav 'Khushi....' the phone rang again, he wished to throw it on the floor breaking it into pieces but he did not wish for Khushi to witness it.

Sighing he said 'You have your lunch Khushi, I'll be back in moment'

Khushi 'No problem Arnav. I can wait, you just go and see who it is, maybe the call is from your office' giving her a small smile he left the dining table and moved to the balcony, distanced from dining room but can have perfect view of it.

The call has been cut, so he called again, as soon as the call got answered he said in an exasperated voice 'Di!!!'

Anjali 'Chotte what is this? I was calling you from long time and you did not even attend my call'

Arnav 'Di I was busy'

Anjali 'itna busy ki tum apni Di aur Nani ko bhi bhool gaye. Chotte you have not called us from last few days and did not even come to meet us this month. What work you are doing in Mumbai that is taking your time so much? When are you returning back?'

Arnav 'I can't tell Di. And I'll try to come and meet you both'

Anjali 'You are not doing right Chotte. I'm noticing that you have changed in this past one and half year. You are not the same Arnav anymore. What is happening in your life? And is this the way you give us your time? For God sake Chotte you are our only family and you come to visit us only for a day. Why? Did your work became more important than us'

Arnav clutched his phone tight 'Di you are over reacting, I'll come to meet you both soon. Now let me go, I've to attend an important meeting' he cut the call without waiting for her answer.

He came to dining room to join Khushi for lunch. Khushi looked at his blank face 'is everything alright?'

Arnav 'yeah it was call from office' she did not ask anything further, maybe someone in his office pissed him off. He on other hand is sitting with thoughts running inside his mind......... He every month a day leaves for Delhi to visit his Di and Nani not wanting to alert them, while he visits Delhi Aman stays here to look after Khushi along with Gauri his girlfriend.......... He goes only for a day but he can't allow Khushi alone with the nurse and he needs trust worthy person, and who else can be other than his right hand man Aman Mathur........... Earlier it was at least a little easy to go and visit them but after Khushi came to conscious he does not wish to leave her alone and go away. He simply can't.

Nani 'what happen Anjali betiya? What did chotte say?'

Anjali 'the same answer'

Nani 'What is Chotte thinking? Why can't he let go of the past and move on? Betiya this time when he come talk about Lavanya'

Anjali 'haan Nani, poor girl loves him so much.'

Nani 'we understand this betiya but that boy has lost his marbles searching for that girl'

Anjali sighed 'I hope he listens to me. Hardly for a day he comes and I don't wish to get him angry in few hours he spends with us. I'll try for this time. He cannot destroy his life like this'